Dr. Charlene Lloveras MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 15th, 2012
This Superb Physician Saved My Life
Dr. Lloveras has been my assigned physician at the El Paso VAHC for about 8 years. She is a family practice doc. I had not been retired from the Army more than a year when I had a standard physical exam with her. For years, my PSA (Prostates-Specific Antigen) readings while in the military had been consistently less than 1.0. (Typically, folks don't concern themselves with readings less than 4.0.) Once again, my lab results going into this exam were well below 1.0. But, during the routine digital rectal exam (something we all would rather skip, if we could), Dr. Lloveras told me that she felt some "bumps on my prostate" and recommended that I have it checked out further by a urologist. She assured me that my PSA readings were good, but they didn't necessarily tell me the entire story. I quickly figured I would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by having a specialist check me out... Well, long story short: I saw the urologist, he confirmed the digital exam results, scheduled me for a biopsy and the biopsy came back with (not minor, but) significant proof of prostate cancer. Within a few weeks, I made arrangements for a total prostatectomy. The post-surgical biopsy of the resected specimen again confirmed significant evidence of the cancer... The good news today is that I have now had at least 7 years of negligible PSA readings confirming that I am currently cancer-free... In my opinion, I owe my life to Dr. Lloveras, the physician who had the courage to question the "safe" PSA levels in my blood that I had seen for years... Oh, and by the way, she has remained as my physician for the next 7 years. I continue to have nothing but good things to say about her. She is easy to talk to. She explains all lab results. She arranges any specialist referrals I need. And, I continue to have the highest level of confidence in all that she does. Dr. Lloveras is a superb pysician. If I had the option of keeping her as my physician in a civilian setting, I wouldn't hesitate to choose her over anyone.

October 27th, 2011
this doctor works at the VA clinic in El Paso,TX. She is not affiliated with William Beaumont AMH. She has told us this several times. When my husband was admitted to William Beaumont she could not see him nor get the records of stay. my husband had to do that for her. in the past she has been rude and innatentive. she doesn't let my husband ask questions, always cuts him off. today she yelled at him for not making an appointment with a doctor she had reffered him too. my husband has been hospitalized 4 times in 2011 alone. he was also admitted twice to a nursing facility. her response was that she didn't care about that, he should still have made the appointment. we have requested a new doctor at the VA for him.