A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charlene Varnis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charlene Varnis, MD is board certified in Rheumatology and Diagnostic Radiology.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Varnis graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Varnis has 5 hospital affiliations:
- ViaHealth - Rochester General Hospital
- Strong Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Varnis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan