Dr. Charles-Chidi Obasiolu MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 6 reviews

June 28th, 2016
Excelllent
Dr. Obasiolu truly cares and wants you to be successful. When our first cycle failed he personally called me to see how I felt and explained to keep our head up and never give up. He changed protocol and we are now in our 2ww in the second cycle. His staff is amazing and I feel he truly cares, everyone needs to understand this is an extremely busy man with lots of patients and he still had time to call me in my worst moment. Excellent doctor.

April 22nd, 2015
GO ELSEWHERE
A Quote from Dr. O "I don't care about stress. All I care about is the sperm, the egg and the uterus." That was stated after I talked to him because of the incorrect info provided by his nursing staff (4 Times we received incorrect errors or meds were not ordered for us). He has no care for his patients. We spent a total of 40 MINUTES with him during our IVF cycle. We were called by a nurse to tell us the cycle was cancelled. The doctor we went to after Dr. O said 'huh' after reviewing the data from the cycle. We are not sure what the new doc saw but it is a pretty interesting statement from the new doc. I wanted to complain to his boss but Dr. O stated "I am the chief. I don't have a boss." I finally got connected to the patient resources people and talked to his boss. I am still waiting on a letter from Dr. O regarding the whole situation.

April 30th, 2013
No more than an IVF Factory
I agree whole heartedly with other reviews of Dr Obasiolu. While he is polite, there is very little information or follow up provided. I unfortunately had 2 rounds of IVF with this Dr before I discovered there is much better care available in Boston. When his nurse contacted me after the second IVF cycle to advise I was not pregnant, she asked me without even pausing if I wanted to schedule my next IVF cycle. I was completely taken aback and this confirmed for me that this facility is nothing but an IVF factory whose practioners seem to care only about getting as many people through the door as possible. I asked the nurse to have Dr Obasiolu contact me to explain my results....1 year later I am still waiting for his call. The biggest problem with Dr Obasiolu is that he does not appear capable (or maybe just not willing) to look outside the box and customize a treatment plan for each individual patient. Even after my first treatment failed, he really did nothing to alter the protocol for the second cycle. My new Dr (definitely not at Harvard Vanguard) has been able to fully explain the previous IVF treatment results and why they did not work. Please take this review in the manner it is intended. I am not bitter about not becoming pregnant, I have received far superior care from another provider and want to make sure people do their research before chosing Dr Obasiolu. Don't be like me and waste more than half your insurance max on this Dr. Seek better help.

January 29th, 2013
First of all, Dr. Obasiolu never did a phsyical exam of me. He listened to my problems and was quick to prescribe clomid w/o even considering my husband's factors. After 2 rounds of clomid, they finally had my husband tested. Dr. O made us both very uneasy, he didnt' explain things well (when we were nervous abou going to down the fertility path in the first place), and was extremely dismissive with any of my questions or concerns. It felt like he wanted me out of his office the second i stepped in. After 4 rounds of clomid, i decided to switch to the MGH fertility center - WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE... it was a completely different experinece, much better service and much better results! They were so much more understanding and patient and i enjoyed everyone in the practice throughout my experience there. I would NOT recommend Dr. O for ANYONE. Find another doctor.

February 23rd, 2011
Poor support staff, poor attention to detail
Dr. Obasiolu has a lot of experience, and he is smart and nice, but he's quick to dismiss your concerns, and I don't feel ever that he or his support staff were committed to helping us to have a baby, nor was he or anyone else caring about our feelings throughout this emotional time.His support staff is awful- the 2 main nurses he works with are just rude and inappropriate. I understand fertility patients can be crazy, but this is your job, don't act like you hate us.Overall, there is much better infertility care available in Boston.

November 17th, 2010
He just go by the formula sheet. He doesn't spent a lot of time with the patient at all.