A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Schiffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Charles Schiffer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schiffer
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schiffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Schiffer, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Genetic Translocation
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Platelet Transfusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Schiffer graduated from New York University. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Schiffer has 15 hospital affiliations:
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Karmanos Cancer Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Charles Alan Schiffer MD is a male Oncologist , has 44 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Charles A. Schiffer practice?
- Dr. Charles Schiffer has 1 office location.
Dr. Charles Schiffer practices Medical Oncology near Detroit, MI.
See Detroit Oncologists.