Dr. Charles Abate Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Abate?

Excellent Physician

Posted on January 24th, 2017

Listens to patient and their needs.

my cancer

Posted on January 4th, 2015

I should have never gone to this doctor. I had a tumor in my lung and he sat on it for over 4 months, never even telling me I should see a surgeon. Finally one visit he said to me to see a surgeon, which I did. The surgeon said, I don't know about you but if I had a tumor in my lung the size of a walnut I'd want it removed immediately. I had him remove it and guess what. The lung cancer which I had and was not diagnosed had now spread to various lymphnodes. Now my cancer has spread to my liver and we are fighting to keep me alive. I will never stop thinking for the rest of my life that it's spreading might have been avoided if he did not sit on it. I am so angry with him. I would give him less than one star if such a thing was possible.

Staff Awful - Went elsewhere before ever getting to DR

Posted on October 30th, 2009

The staff was unreasonably difficult about making an appointment. When asked why I needed appointment (after stating I had difficulty upon inhalation), then asking if I had been diagnosed with a list of different diseases and not waiting for an answer said: Why NOW? Why are you seeing this doctor now? We are a specialist's office, a doctor has to refer you here. YEAH! I know, me and my RN license. Didn't even let me explain (through my labored and ever stressed-increased breathing) that my regular physican did tell me to find a pulmonologist. My insurance does not require a referral and I made a mistake of saying that. SO, I had to hear three times about how they are specialists (yup) and I need a referral. I said I could get one, could I make the appointment. Halfway through the rudest smuggest questioning I asked if I should find another physician. I did. As a nurse, and from a family of physicians, I think there is NOTHING as offensive as a medical office staff acting unprofessional and unpleasant.

GREAT DOCTOR