Dr. C Bowman Is this you?

17 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. C Bowman?

I can see again.

Posted on July 12th, 2017

I'm a 59 year old male with no major health problems looking forward to my retirement years. I developed nuclear cataracts (clouding of the central portion of the lens) and started suffering very poor vision very quickly. The cataract surgeon I used did tell me that lens power selection would be difficult due to having prior RK eye surgery. After cataract surgery in both eyes I ended up with OS -2.00 OD +1.50, a 3.5 diopter imbalance which left me suffering from severe anisometropia (seeing double). My brain could not fuse the two images together, this left me with much anxiety, I was having trouble functioning at work, at everything. The cataract surgeon told me when he puts a lens in, it goes to your grave with you. I was told I could wear contact lenses for the rest of my life, or wait several months and attempt laser surgery. My wonderful Optometrist who failed 3 times trying to make eye glasses for me and this condition, referred me to Dr. Bowman. Dr. Bowman examined me and assured me that what I needed was something that not many Ophthalmologists will attempt, and IOL exchange. He removed the right IOL and replaced it with the proper power lens and now my brain is happy and I am happy. Dr. Bowman is a very confident, and competent eye surgeon. You can trust him with your sight.

Posted on August 8th, 2017