Surgeons
8220 Walnut Hill Ln
Ste 608
Dallas, TX 75231
214-987-3434
Locations and availability (2)

|  Caring & Thorough Doctor  |  show details
by Dale W. on Dec 18th, 2013

My father met with Dr. Banta today and I'm so grateful we found him! He listened carefully and thoughtfully. He explained the logical next steps in clarifying the diagnosis and we feel reassured that we will have some answers and a plan of action. If you've struggled with pain before, you know that it's difficult to find a doc who will pay attention to the entire picture and not jump to recommending injections, surgery, etc. Dr. Banta is one of those great docs who seems to really care about helping. Highly recommend!

|  Absolutely Perfect Experience  |  show details
by Stephen C. on May 20th, 2013

Let me apologize in advance for the length of this review, but my experience with Dr. Banta has been so extremely positive that I want to ensure that you, the reader of this review, fully understand just how highly I regard him on both a professional, and personal, level. I was first referred to Dr. Banta by an ER doctor in an attempt to diagnose and correct my debilitating right leg pain. Like anyone reading this review, I performed as much research as possible on Dr. Banta before scheduling an appointment. At least partially satisfied with what I read, I went into his office for the first time expecting to be told about the many very expensive treatments that desperately I needed and how he was the only person who could help me (and all other sorts of alarmist and costly discussion topics). Instead, Dr. Banta spent a significant amount of time discussing my situation with me and explaining the full range of medical options that he could recommend, ranging from “do nothing and wait” all the way up to “surgical solutions”. Much to my surprise, he strongly recommended that we approach my situation as conservatively as possible and only think of surgery as a last resort. To say that I was surprised to hear a surgeon not recommend his most profitable activity as a course of action is quite an understatement. I left that first appointment with plans to fill a few prescriptions and a light stretching regimen and was instructed to follow up with him in a month. Unfortunately for me, the pain intensified a few weeks later and I was forced to move my follow up appointment up a week or so. I should note at this time that the rescheduling process was extremely easy and his staff was very accommodating of my changing situation. For the record, I walked into the second appointment thinking that I was definitely going to have to have invasive and expensive surgery. Once again, Dr. Banta sat down with me and we walked through the problems I was having and he recommended that I receive a series of injections to help me deal with the pain I was experiencing. The injections worked wonderfully for a while, but my crippling leg pain came roaring back in a few weeks and I was again forced to move my follow up appointment up by a few weeks. Upon my third visit to Dr. Banta, we again discussed everything that was going on in great detail and he again presented me with a range of options, up to an including surgery. I had an enormous amount of questions for him and we probably talked about my back (I had several herniated discs in my lumbar region) for the better part of an hour. In the end, a surgical solution was decided on and I was put on the schedule for the following week. In the interest of doing my due diligence, I visited with another surgeon to get a second opinion and he confirmed the need for surgery in my case. For a reason I can’t exactly remember, I ended up speaking with Dr. Banta on the phone a few days before my scheduled surgery and Dr. Banta and I spoke about the other surgeon for quite some time. He took the time to further answer more of my questions and was even very frank and honest about how good the other surgeon was. As I have never had surgery of any kind before, I was fairly apprehensive about the entire process, yet Dr. Banta’s calm demeanor, approachability, and availability made me feel incredibly at ease and confidant that we were proceeding in the correct manor. For what it’s worth, the other surgeon that I talked to had nothing but good things to say about Dr. Banta and even went as far as to say that I was “definitely in good and capable hands” under Dr. Banta’s watch. As I was waiting on the morning of my surgery, Dr. Banta came by to once again walk me through the procedure, answer even more of my questions, and even crack a few jokes with me to help lighten the mood. His presence in the waiting room was incredibly appreciated. I woke up from the surgery and noticed the night and day difference in my pain level and leg use. He came to visit me in the hospital that night and I honestly couldn’t believe how much better I felt. I could stand up and even take a few steps under my own power, two things that I had been unable to do easily in about a month before the surgery. I’ve had one follow up appointment after the surgery and am more than pleased to report that my life has seen a dramatic change for the positive. To distill the wall of text above into a single statement, I would say that my experience with Dr. Banta has exceeded my expectations in nearly every way possible. He has consistently gone above and beyond to discuss options and expectations with me and I am walking proof that he is a very capable and skilled surgeon. One would never know that I was essentially immobile just a month ago after seeing my movements in my current state. I even had to call him very late one night in a total panic after the pain levels spiked inexplicably and his calm, friendly, and professional approach completely alleviated the situation and put me at ease. If you are reading this and trying to decide whether or not to schedule an appointment with him, let me recommend that you set one up with his office. I have recommended him to everyone I know and, should I unfortunately have future medical problems of this nature, I would return to his office without hesitation. There aren’t enough positive things to say about him and his practice and my experience with him has been absolutely wonderful.

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

Dr BantaIs very caring and an excellent physicianwould not use any other doctor

|  Awesome Doctor!!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

Dr. Banta is caring and very thorough. Excellent bedside manner. Excellent surgeon. Amazing nurses and office staff. Cannot say enough good things about Dr. Banta and his staff!He performed surgery on me by removing bone fragment and partial disc at L2-L3. No problems at all.

|  Back Surgery  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

Dr. Banta did my back surgery several years ago. He was great and so was his staff. I had a little problem with them not accepting my insurance any longer after the surgery but they did continue to see me.

|  Ethical medicine  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

The new trend with spine surgeons these days is to get off of all plans (insurance, Medicare) where they feel that reimbursement is not satisfactory. These docotrs are driven by greed. So they dump all of their Medicare and other patients and cater to those with better insurance. Dr. Banta is NOT one of those docotrs. He treats all his patients with consideration and thoughtfulness and tries to give them what they need and deserve. He is also an EXCELLENT surgeon. So be careful when you are out there looking for a surgeon to treat your spine condition. Many will have flashy web pages and brag about all the presentations and other "media events" they have done. But when you really want to see someone that just does an outstandig job and refuses to let money guide his treament, look no further than Dr. BantaPS: he also does not try to do surgery on every person that walks through his door, unlike everyone else I saw.

by robert miers on Aug 25th, 2010

this fine doctor repaired a severely degenerative neck problem (three discs gone and used other bone to fuse and put a plate to hold it in place. from a life of constant pain to a normal life is priceless. He is about the best bone doc in texas. His office is always full and he was once asked to be the chief surgeon at a major US hospital, Nice man and fine doctor, He changed my life

Feb 2nd, 2010

Dr. Banta is an extremely caring doctor. He encourages you and is always available to talk to you about your health problems.

Sep 9th, 2008

I was very pleased that Dr. Banta diagnosed my problem after 2 other doctors did not. I folowed his recommendation on treatment and am now pain free.