A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Barrier:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Charles Barrier is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barrier
Diabetes Patient Education Learn about types of diabetes and diabetic patient symptoms, causes and treatments with out patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Barrier Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Barrier, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Barrier graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Barrier has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Swain County Hospital
- Haywood Regional Medical Center
- Harris Regional Hospital, Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Charles Harold Barrier MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Charles H. Barrier practice?
- Dr. Charles Barrier has 1 office location.
Dr. Charles Barrier practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Sylva, NC.
See Sylva Internists and Sylva Gastroenterologists.