Dr. Charles Berk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Berk?

March 21st, 2013

loves the benjamins.

Spent 20 minutes filling out new patient forms only to spend most of my visit answering the same questions. He told me he was uncomfortable diagnosing me, suggested that I call a colleague of his, which I did after leaving, and the other doctor had no idea why Dr. Berk would have suggested his name. I called back Dr.Berk's office back and left a message with his staff who returned my call with no helpful follow up information. After another call to his office and email I finally got a short email from Dr. Berk saying there was nothing he could do or suggest: my insurance wouldn't cover the visits. Before I left that first visit he did give me a test for something I didn't originally want as I was pretty sure I had already had thyroids tested. I agreed at the moment as he seemed to think it was important--maybe to make me feel like I hadn't totally wasted my time. Luckily that was something the insurance did partially cover.

February 14th, 2013

Staff disorganized but congenial. Doctor rushed. My physical took all of 5 minutes and I was not even asked to take off my socks. His prescription did not help and I had to go to another doctor.

November 22nd, 2009

The worse

May 29th, 2008

He's a good family doctor and a careful diagnostician

I've been going to him for over a year and I find him to be agreeable, friendly and concerned. He does take his time and I believe he also has a number of interns who work with him and I think that's what slows things down some. The waiting room is comfortable, not over crowded but the waiting time may be a little longer than most New Yorkers would care to wait. But I don't think the wait is that much worse than any other doctor. He'll do a blood test right in the room if you've fasted beforehand. He'll search the web for diagnostics and suggestions and he doesn't come off like know it all. In his prior life he was a nutritionist and so he has a holistic sort of approach to eating properly and exercise and making that part of his diagnosis rather than just popping pills.

December 7th, 2016