Dr. Charles Berlin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 3rd, 2012
do not bother with this one
he made me feel worse, constant changing meds. i fired him and found another. worst doctor i have ever seen, in my opinion.

August 1st, 2012
Asks the right questions and is a good listener. Very straightforward.

November 24th, 2010
I've seen other therapists since Dr. Berlin and no one is as patient and intelligent. I had a great experience in his care.

November 24th, 2010
Ive struggled with depression for a long time, and seen a lot of psychiatrists. Dr. Berlin has been the best of the bunch. He took the time to listen to my concerns and was very helpful in my sorting out some troubling family situations. He was able to come up with a better medication strategy than other MDs Id seen. He returned phone calls. He took the time to talk to my other providers. Most of all, hes genuinely helped. Highly recommended and appreciated.

July 25th, 2010
likely good intentions but poor at diagnosis / treatment
Aside from any good intentions, I would look at this doctor as an example of what to avoid in choosing a psychiatrist. I felt like a guinea-pig as he stubbornly prescribed med-after med to treat what he insisted was bipolar disorder but was later correctly diagnosed and treated as OCD by another doctor (after I terminated with him). And he continued this approach even after I insisted that I had OCD - eventually stating that I was "resistant to treatment" - sure: his treatment. But it does beg the question of why I would need to go through his various med regimens including Lithium, Lamictal, Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon and taken off Prozac and Klonopin only to find out with another physiatrist that all symptoms presented were easily treated with initially 40 mg of Prozac and 1 mg of Klonopin and currently with just 50 mg of Pristiq. It seems to be a tradition in psychiatry that psychiatrists do not like to change a diagnosis once they have labeled you with one - if they do, then it essentially proves that they were initially wrong. I take the whole episode with this doctor as part of lessons learned in life, one of them being that it is helpful to evaluate a psychiatrist as closely as they SHOULD evaluate you.

April 23rd, 2010
I would not recommend this doctor for marriage counseling.