Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  do not bother with this one  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

he made me feel worse, constant changing meds. i fired him and found another. worst doctor i have ever seen, in my opinion.

Aug 1st, 2012

Asks the right questions and is a good listener. Very straightforward.

Nov 24th, 2010

I've seen other therapists since Dr. Berlin and no one is as patient and intelligent. I had a great experience in his care.

Nov 24th, 2010

Ive struggled with depression for a long time, and seen a lot of psychiatrists. Dr. Berlin has been the best of the bunch. He took the time to listen to my concerns and was very helpful in my sorting out some troubling family situations. He was able to come up with a better medication strategy than other MDs Id seen. He returned phone calls. He took the time to talk to my other providers. Most of all, hes genuinely helped. Highly recommended and appreciated.

|  likely good intentions but poor at diagnosis / treatment  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2010

Aside from any good intentions, I would look at this doctor as an example of what to avoid in choosing a psychiatrist. I felt like a guinea-pig as he stubbornly prescribed med-after med to treat what he insisted was bipolar disorder but was later correctly diagnosed and treated as OCD by another doctor (after I terminated with him). And he continued this approach even after I insisted that I had OCD - eventually stating that I was "resistant to treatment" - sure: his treatment. But it does beg the question of why I would need to go through his various med regimens including Lithium, Lamictal, Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon and taken off Prozac and Klonopin only to find out with another physiatrist that all symptoms presented were easily treated with initially 40 mg of Prozac and 1 mg of Klonopin and currently with just 50 mg of Pristiq. It seems to be a tradition in psychiatry that psychiatrists do not like to change a diagnosis once they have labeled you with one - if they do, then it essentially proves that they were initially wrong. I take the whole episode with this doctor as part of lessons learned in life, one of them being that it is helpful to evaluate a psychiatrist as closely as they SHOULD evaluate you.

Apr 23rd, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor for marriage counseling.

by charlesberlin on Sep 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I?m Charles Berlin M.D., and would like to respond to this poster?s comments. After 30 years of practice, I believe I?ve been able to arrive at a thoughtful manner of addressing fee issues. I?m a psychiatrist who still accepts insurance, so as to be ab

by NeoL on Feb 8th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I saw this doctor for several years. I came consistently and on time. Recently I had to miss an appointment due to an emergency. He is charging me over $100.00 for missing the appointment. His normal charge is $30.00 (based on the deductible). When I

|  Unreasonable, greedy  |  show details
by NeoL at Citysearch on Feb 8th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I saw this doctor for several years. I came consistently and on time. Recently I had to miss an appointment due to an emergency. He is charging me over 100.00 for missing the appointment. His normal charge is 30.00 based on the deductible. When I tried to explain the reason for the missed appointment, he would not even let me finish speaking. He has also given my name and personal information to a collection agency, Pittsburgh Medical Bureau. This agency is threatening to ruin my credit. Dr. Berlin lied to this agency when he told them I made no effort to contact him.