Dr. Charles Bertuch Jr Is this you?

3 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Charles Bertuch Jr?

poor

Posted on May 19th, 2016

His office refused to get paperwork to get imaging to insurance company for approval, with a confirmation they had recieved it, until a WC Judge ordered that it be done. When I went into him following a multi-injury trauma, and listed on a sheet of paper all that was wrong he said "I am not going to read all of this", and indeed he refused to also diagnose properly and treat any of it. Ends up though that after I left and found an orthopedist who would take my injured body seriously, that I have a torn left hip labrum, a dislocating L5S1, dislcoating left wrist with a TFCC tear, and a shoulder that has at the very least osteolysis but also dislocates out of place with a loud knock to get it back in place. I have a mass effect on the sciatic with a torn piriformis muscle and the buttock muscles are also injured with tears or tendinitis which has all now shown up on imaging. I needed to be immediately taken seriously, but was left crippled in pain by a doctor whose first words were something like the idea that I didn't need the pain medication that I was taking, when he wouldn't do a full workup or admit me to see that which was causing the agonizing pain, that I would have never been able to stand up to get to his office without. He left me disabled, and I believe that in the medical record he only tried to say as an orthopedist the current level of my mental function, which was solely due to the sheer agony I was forced into living with on a daily basis, while I waited for this office to just get minimal paperwork in for minimal testing, after which the rest of a necessary workup was never done. Nothing was correctly diagnosed here, nothing was properly treated here, and it didn't seem like he had the desire to really help much, and instead decided to insult the idea that I was in such agonizing pain and decided it must be...all in my head. How crazy is he? He hurt me with these indignities, neglected me and refused proper and standard treatment to a woman, in need. Talk about creating more issues including mental ones when a patient is being left tortured in pain and refused a workup to get to a diagnosis to see if there is something that needs fixing rather than....making fun of them for being quite thorough and making sure that he knows all that is going on from the start. Even if he was only going to just treat one thing, I would have just appreciated that, but he never got to the actual diagnosis even. I am so glad there is a forum and the net so we, women, and everyone can discuss how we are being ignored when we are in pain, injured and need desperately proper diagnosing and treatment. When you are basically told they can't find anything and aren't going to keep looking when you know there is something seriously wrong if you can only walk stand and sit a little bit, and most of the time you can't....you have to wonder about the competency of individuals such as this, when there is little we can do to get ourselves well when they are adept at making it look like nothing in the medical record and refuse to do a complete workup so we have even the tiniest chance of getting better and surviving. I highly suggest people start recording all of their negative experiences, so that we can make the changes that are necessary in the medical system. In the meantime, I am hoping that those who may be old and too tired to bother with us, just get out of the system when you can't make an obvious diagnosis when someone is suffering and the injury can be seen if you do the right imaging, and keep looking until you find what is causing the patient's pain. Women are too often getting shafted, and it is about time we had a forum to discuss it when the tone becomes discriminatory against us by a highly male dominated medical profession and society. In truth, I think we should equalize the resources, and I think this man should offer me compensation for being indifferent to my severe pain and suffering, and crippling injuries.

Posted on March 21st, 2017