Dr. Charles Billings Sr Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Charles Billings Sr?

outstanding

Posted on June 30th, 2017

Overmedicated!

Posted on January 12th, 2016

I received 10mg of Versed (Midazolam) for sedation, but was not informed about this before the colonoscopy procedure. Versed is also used by sexua1 predators because it causes memory loss. In my case it lasted into the following day. 10mg is twice the maximum recommended dosage! If you want to use this drug, that's fine, but I believe the patient should be informed of what is being used. I asked why I was given so much and the nurse was unkind and defensive, and implied that it was none of my business. In my opinion, this is an unprofessional medical practice. Get your colonoscopy done somewhere else.

Long Wait Times, even with early appointments

Posted on November 30th, 2015

Referred by GP for routine over 50 colonoscopy. Had pre-procedure consult. Not much happens here, standard take your vitals, wait around for the doc, ask questions, get prescription for industrial strength laxative, schedule procedure. Here is where the fun began. It was billed with a Well Visit Billing code. I had already had one of those with my GP earlier in the year, and BCBS refused to pay for this visit. $141. Furthermore, the practice refused to allow me to pay the allowable amount BCBS would pay. Said their contract was with BCBS, not me. So, expect to have to pay for this visit if your circumstance is like mine. Did not make this mistake with the wife, who has an upcoming appointment. Utilized another Doctor in town, one who does not require a pre-procedure consult. Explained insurance would not cover, they said "no problem" - we will call in a prescription and send you the instructions. Dr. Billings himself seemed nice enough, and the procedure went well. However, at the follow-up visit, had to fill out 6 pages of paperwork with the same info I provided at consult. Come on guys, don't you write the stuff down? It has only been a month, and nothing has changed. Lady at window was not very sympathetic, and said it was required by doctor. Guess I will use the wife's colonoscopy doctor next time. Wait time for each appointment was over 1 hour past my appointment time. I have a job too guys.

Too booked up

Posted on November 12th, 2015

The Doc was great exceot the wait time. Scheduling is poor. Cannot get appointment for several months. Need one sooner but they will not let me see another doc in this facility so I have to go elsewhere. Scheduling staff very rude.

Rude and Misdiagnosed

Posted on September 15th, 2012

At first Dr. Billings was nice, however, when he didn't find an issue after completing an endoscopy and colonoscopy he didn't offer any further advice or exploratory options to find the problem. He didn't check my bile ducts or my liver which was swelling. When i asked him what else could be going on he said that I may need to get some mental health help and wanted to write a prescription for an anti-depressant. I was shocked and appalled at how I was treated by him and never went back again. I do not reccommend this doctor whatsoever. I ended up having gallstones and having to get my gallbladder removed.

Posted on February 28th, 2011

Dr. Billings is a very caring doctor. I trust him competley.

Posted on July 19th, 2017