Dr. Charles Birnbach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 6th, 2015
I had been diagnosed with macular degeneration by my primary ophthalmologist and wanted a second opinion. Dr Birnbach not only gave me a vision test that I had not received from my doctor, but took the time to explain this diagnosis to me in detail and I left with hard copy information as well. I was very pleased with my appointment.

June 15th, 2013
Patient for peeling of membrane from retina
Gave me a great understanding of my condition and options. Surgery was very successful. Feel confident that he will do all that is needed and correct for maintaining my vision

November 18th, 2012
Excellent doctor and outstanding staff
My wife had surgery a little over a week ago. She is very nervous and frightened of any kind of medical procedure. Dr. Birnbach and his staff made sure she felt secure and did everything they could to make her comfortable and deal with her fears. I do not understand the negative comments. He is very personable, caring and a highly knowledgeable doctor. He takes time to explain the problem and what needs to be done. The entire staff should be commended for their professional attitude and caring. We highly recommend this doctor and surgery center.

November 14th, 2012
Fantastic doctor and staff
Dr Birnbach performed surgery on me last week. I visited the Burlington office, VRA surgery center and Bellevue office. Every person at this facility is kind, considerate and compassionate. This is the place to go for retinal problems. They are the best. Thanks to everyone for excellent care. They put their patients first. Customer service is number one. VRA is the only place to go.

August 31st, 2012
He explained to me my disease in a way that was easy to understand. That was a first for me.

May 5th, 2012
Low rating for wait time as the later appointments (as with many doctors) was long. Second appointment was earlier in the day and I was seen within about 15 minutes. I believe this facility is very popular thus the wait time later in the day will be longer.2 stars for spending enough time: again, I think he is well sought after so seems quite busy however thorough and knowledgeable. Will listen to questions and didn't feel hurried if I had additional questions.

November 29th, 2011
Terrible doctor and surgeon.

November 4th, 2011
NO sense of urgency
Took them 1 week to get back to me after prescribing a catscan I have called them multiple times. No one has returned my call.Appalling lack of concernANDLack of urgencyhow would you like to wait around for a week to see if maybe you have a brain tumor!?? a week!