Dr. Charles Blotnick Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Blotnick?

November 6th, 2015

Good Doctor, Bad Experiences

I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes with Dr Blotnick. First let me say that Dr Blotnick is very skilled doctor and did an excellent job. Here's the problem - his staff completely botched the experience. First of all, I made it clear to three different employees that I both needed (due to insurance) and wanted to go to a specific hospital. I did so to ensure that I would be scheduled appropriately. As I was securing the date, I noticed they had put the wrong hospital on the information card. I immediately pointed this error out to the scheduling clerk on duty and was told it would be corrected immediately. I travel for a living and it is very important that I confirm my appointments to prevent excessive fees due to schedule changes. Then I got a phone call from the "surgical coordinator" informing me that I had in fact been scheduled to the wrong hospital. When I told her what had happened and what my needs were, she dismissed it, saying that "it was simple to correct" and that I needed to "change the date of the surgery". I asked her who was going to pay my travel fees for changing my travel due to their error, because it certainly was not going to be me or my organization, she did not know what to do at all and never helped with the end result. I ended up going through a mountain of phone calls with my insurance to make sure that if I went ahead with the surgery on that day in the wrong hospital, I would still be covered. My coverage is excellent and yet, I received several phone calls from the "insurance and billing" person, who talked to me as if she was some sort of bill collector and I was in arrears. This was not the case at all. We have always paid promptly and also had excellent insurance coverage. She actually threatened me with "if you don't pay up front, you won't get the surgery" when I questioned about what she had filed with the insurance providers. I expressed my dissatisfaction several times to the insurance and billing person and the surgical coordinator and nothing was done. I even had to push hard to get receipts so I could file my own insurance. Interesting since they push hard for their money and yet drag their feet to give the appropriate receipt. I had both eyes done and was satisfied with Dr Blotnick until I went for my next day follow-up. I went to the Randolph Rd office which is where I have always gone. I was told when I arrived that Dr Blotnick was in the University location. At no time, via paperwork or the confirming phone call, was the location mentioned. At no time did anyone on staff indicate that I was scheduled to go to a completely different location than I had ever gone to. So , I ended up seeing a completely different doctor who DID NOT perform the surgery. While he was nice, he was not Dr Blotnick. Again, their idea to correct their series of blunders was to expect me to jump through hoops. Finally, I spoke with the office manager about all this and was told that he agreed and that I had been treated very badly. And then he said, "What do you want me to do about it?" If that wasn't bad enough, he then said, "you got eye surgery from one of the best in Charlotte, so...." in a very patronizing way, inferring that I show my gratitude by keeping quiet. I was appalled and disgusted. I paid dearly for good service on every level and did not receive it. Frankly, with this arrogant and dismissive office manager, no wonder the office staff are lacking in professionalism and seem entirely incapable of listening to patients needs. I am done with this practice.

February 21st, 2011

re: professional and caring

I have been under doctor Blotnick's care for 5 years. He is always caring and professional. His staff are friendly and courteous. I had eye surgery by him last year and now see better than ever before. I recommend without hesitation.

January 20th, 2010

Review

I have been a patient of Dr. Blotnick for several years for regular checkups and cataract surgery. I have found him to be very professional with my personal situation of utmost concern to him.

July 21st, 2016