inactive

Charles E Burda MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 25th, 2015
Terrible
The office staff are rude and lie about leaving messages. Called an 8 yo (with depression and suicidial ideation) that they had never met nor evaluated "an aggressive kid that would break the dr.'s Computer" and sent him away. Made a diagnosis and rendered judgement without ever speaking to the child or the parents. Sorry excuse for a human let alone a "dr"

October 31st, 2015
Do not take your child to this psychiatrist.
He is a terrible psychiatrist. He embodies everything wrong with mental health care in the US. He simply acted dismissive of all of my problems and said "look I don't understand what your problem is, but here are some pills."

December 22nd, 2014
Flat out doesn't care
I was suffering from severe side effects from him not correctly weening me off my medication. He did not return my calls promptly and when he did he showed no concern or compassion for my suffering. His staff is incompetent. I had to call for 4 days in a row to get a refferal to another psychiatrist. He gave me 3 names, one of which was retired and the other 2 were hours away. I couldn't get an appointment with a new dr for weeks and he refused to refill my prescription for the time in between. I saw this DR for years and when I needed him the most he failed me. Since seeing a new psychiatrist I have learned about even more mistakes he made like having me on the wrong medication, weening me off improperly, and having me on too many different meds. When I was in the hospital he lied to me ("you'll go home tomorrow") and took advantage of my drugged up state (had me sign papers that allowed him to keep me in the hospital against my will.) Long story short, he throws pills at you and doesn't care about your concerns. I suffered for over a month due to withdrawal from medication he improperly weened me off. Don't trust this man, years of my life and thousands of dollars wasted.

December 30th, 2011
One of my top ten favorite people
His numerous hawaiian shirts, jokes, and great bedside manner make me so happy. Whenever he came into the hospital I'd first hear his voice followed by a storm of laughter from the staff and I knew I was in for a visit from Burda. I seriously want to be just like him when I grow up.

December 25th, 2011
THE BEST OF THE BEST!
DR. BURDA IS SO KIND AND NICE, I ABSOLUTELY THINK HE'S THE BEST DOCTOR I'VE EVER MET!! HE LISTENS AND TAKES TIME TO FIGURE OUT YOUR PROBLEMS. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WANTING TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS OUT THERE!

August 18th, 2011
Has acted as psychiatrist to all three of my children who have very different issues. He is not a 15-minute, here's a med kind of guy... he spends a full hour every visit and takes his time with conversation and questions. Sometimes he's so laid back you don't even realize he's a doctor until the end of the appointment when you understand that his seemingly light-hearted chat was really an in-depth assessment in disguise. One of a few child psychiatrists who still cares about kids.

June 18th, 2011
Brilliant diagnostician and clinician, incredibly supportive and kind
My child has seen Dr. Burda for over 7 years for various mood and attention disorders and we would highly recommend him. He has a very lighthearted and kind demeanor which makes children feel at ease. He is an extremely knowledgable and well-trained clinician with an in-depth knowledge of pharmacology. My child had to be hospitalized on a few occasions and Dr. Burda was incredibly supportive to our whole family during those times. It was obvious from talking to hospital staff that Dr. Burda is respected and admired by the doctors and nurses at the hospital. He promptly returns our (often frantic) phone calls and fits us in whenever our child needs to be seen. Our child had been seen my many different psychiatrists, neurologists and psychologists so we have lots to compare to - Dr. Burda is head an shoulders above the rest!

May 31st, 2011
An exceptional Doctor w/ a big spirit and SMILE!
I am an Aunt & legal guardian of my nephew. Before meeting Dr. Burda i thought it was quite unusual to hear my nephew who was down and out speak w/ such a glee about this Dr. He would say " They call him Dr. Sunshine; you are going to love him. He is so great!" Well not only was my nephew right.. Dr. Burda exceeded what i had expected. He is an amazing man. He has spirit, incredible insight w/ an exceptional presence that lights up every room he enters. Most of all he is professional. On the mark w/ returning calls and answering questions. He loves his profession and his patients. Wow! Highly recommend!!!

July 24th, 2010
The most kind and gentle man I have ever met. Quite a professional.

July 6th, 2010
The Best .....
He has always been there for my family and I, very caring,prompt. I needed help after my Dad died, and if it wasn't for him, I don't know where I'd be today.

March 22nd, 2010
Very caring
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Burda for about a year and has had significant difficulties. He is always involved, caring and concerned. When we have a crisis, he calls us back quickly and adjusts his schedule when we need him on short notice. It is clear to me that this doctor is really involved in his patients.

January 7th, 2010
Amazing
Best doctor I have ever been too!