Dr. Charles Adams MD Patient Reviews

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 25th, 2014
VERY Disappointed
I would give this NO stars if possible. I was really looking forward to seeing this doctor. I researched for weeks looking for someone in that area that could work with me. I called the office, and was told my insurance would cover it. I made arrangements to stay in the area (I'm from out of State) for a month, then found out my insurance didn't cover it. I was disappointed, but called the office to find out how much things would cost if I paid cash. The only cost I could find out about was the initial visit. I couldn't find out the cost of ANY of the treatment I was asking for until I go there. Well, obviously, I'm not going to go there for a month to get treatment only to find out that it's entirely out of my budget and have to rearrange everything and go home again. When I tried to explain that I need the information and need to plan for the money - I've been getting the same treatment in Florida for months, so I know how expensive it can be, even though it varies wildly - the office manager, Ellen, refused to give me ANY information and suggested I go to another doctor. Thanks a lot. I have cancer. Needed to see this guy. But it's not going to happen now. Very bad office management. Much more attention on 'protocal' than on actually dealing with the patient in front of them and helping them according to their situation. It's too bad - I think the doctor's probably great. The office staff, however, and as is pretty common, ruin the whole thing. I built and ran a medical center, and this is a very stupid, non-service oriented way to go about it. I know the reason they do this is because they're afraid the patients will balk at the prices if given the information over the phone and they might not even show up for their appointment, or cancel it. But they are less likely to baIk if the doctor's already met with them. 'm hoping the doctor reads this. In fact, I'm going to try to find him at home and write him a letter so he knows what his staff is up to. Having policy in a company is necessary, but service is primary and sometimes policy has to be ignored in order to help someone. Can't tell you how disappointed I am.