Dr. Charles Coleman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Coleman?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Charles Coleman?

19 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 19 Ratings with 1 Comment

December 19th, 2013

Do not trust

I visited him as a child from elementary school through high school- not by choice. I suffered from situational depression caused by my abusive mother, and he never reported the emotional, manipulative abuse she put all of us through. He could have made a difference. Instead, he told my dad that my struggle with self-harm was 'a problem that could be easily fixed', and chose to heavily medicate me rather than recommend actual therapy and report my mother. That alone should tell you he didn't know what he was talking about. It wasn't until more recent years, as a college student and adult, that I was able to seek out therapy for myself, without medication, and only then was I able to start the healing process. I can't help but remember though, sitting on the couch in his office, wishing he would do something to help us, or report my mother to force her to have to seek treatment.. Instead, I'm here about 15 years later, trying to figure out how to now rescue my younger siblings from the same situation. Thanks for that, Chuck.

May 25th, 2017