Dr. Charles Carnel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 1st, 2017
Very thoughtful and considerate
Dr. Carnel sees me for my lower back pain. I had a ct myelogram done may 26 and developed a horrible spinal migraine! Even though it was Memorial Day his nurse on call and him made sure I was on the schedule for the next morning for a blood patch! I have never had a doctor that was so caring! I would most definitely recommend him to anyone!

June 1st, 2017
Very thoughtful and considerate

June 14th, 2015
Definitely not a doctor I'd recommend.
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone that I like! He is very arrogant and if you aren't happy with the care you receive from him, he doesn't seem to care or offer any options and isn't willing to discuss referring you to another doctor who might have other ideas about how to help you. He doesn't do his own MRI'S to see if he agrees with the original MRI results or just to have different imaging to go by, and different MRI machines give better or worse images.

September 30th, 2014
Patient Review
I love Dr. Carnels beside manners, he seems concerned, maybe not always having a solution. I have visited him for severe neck pain. We have done the blocks and they are temporary and I know this when I have them done. My next visit is gonna be to try and find a solution. I also see him at the pain cliniic overall I do like Dr. Carnell. What I do not like is the wait time it is awful.

July 26th, 2012
Pain diagnosis
I have suffered with hip and lower back pain for years. I was told 5 years ago I needed a new right hip and that was all there was to it. I asked about injections and was told they were unreliable and ineffective. I finally decided to go to the Andrews clinic in Birmingham and was referred to Dr Carnell for a workup. He started with my back but went to the hip after I described my issues there. He asked if I had ever had a block/injection and I said no, the other Orthopods I had seen only seemed to want to operate. He too said I needed a new hip but prescribed a block/injection as both a diagnostic tool(to make sure where the pain originated) and for temporary relief. I had my injection yesterday and I am truly amazed and relatively free from pain. I realize this is only temporary but it gives me hope for what I might can look forward to when the time comes for a replacement. Thanks Dr. Carnel

June 16th, 2017