Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St
Boston, MA 02111
617-636-5150
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Outstanding Orthopedic Talent  |  show details
by Todd Hall on Nov 3rd, 2013

Dr. Charles Cassidy Is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. I recently underwent extensive surgery to reconstruct my left elbow. The operation required several different types of reconstructive procedures. Dr. Cassidy has a wealth of experience and is incredibly talented. His decisions and solutions to reconstruct a severely damaged elbow were not only impressive but have proven to be effective. After five hours of surgery he took an incredibly painful broken bag of bones and turned it into a functioning and stable left arm. His skill set is well-developed and he has an intrinsic sense of care and concern for all of his patients. He is a kind and compassionate gentleman and a pleasure to be around during such difficult times. It is by far the best healthcare I have ever received. Dr. Cassidy's confidence and professionalism should be the benchmark for all orthopedic surgeons.

|  Dr. Cassidy operated on me and saved my career!  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

I have a demanding, physical job and use my arms all day at work. I developed severe pain in both arms because of an elbow condition. Dr. Cassidy operated on both of my elbows. I now have ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN after these operations! I owe Dr. Cassidy my career and highly recommend him.

|  Poor Experience  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

I think there are lot of good hospitals. This Hospital is rundown...smelly...I had thumb fracture. I took the appointment but they have no records. They did have simple Splint and sent me $400 bill where I can get from market for $5. Doctor is very bad...He did not explain me the complete procedure..He was in hurry and don't have time to discuss on issue for more than 15 minutes. It was not good experience with them. When I filed complaint they have no response by phone /Mail. Big NO from my side.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2010

He was the only Doctor that would touch my hand. I had a stroke and my hand was stuck open with my middle finger was stuck up. After almost 2years of looking for a doctor and everyone telling me they couldn't touch it, I went to Dr. Cassidy expecting the same response, He fixed it so I can now bend my hand! He was so great!! Thank you Dr. Cassidy

|  No pain!  |  show details
by Wadha on Jun 9th, 2009

Dr. Cassidy is an excellent and professional!He was my doctor, when i did removal volar ganglion wristI didn't feel any pain after surgery

|  hail to the chief!  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2009

Dr. Cassidy isn't the Chief of Orthopedics at Tufts for nothing, he's the best! After fracturing my elbow and wrist, he stayed with me and on this until I had all of my function back. He isn't all full of himself either, even though he should be! He's one of a kind and if you have a hand, elbow or shoulder problem, there isn't anyone better to fix you up!

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
by asm on Nov 12th, 2008

Double joint synovectomy performed on right hand in 2003....good as new/pre RA hands. Highly recommended.

|  show details
by Julia K. on Nov 4th, 2008

Dr. Cassidy saved my wrist. It was the fifth fracture for me and my wrist was essentially shattered and had been incorrectly reduced the fifth time. He put in a plate and recommended extensive and aggressive physical therapy. I went from not being able to supinate it at all to nearly complete supination. He's friendly, professional, and really really good.

|  show details
May 22nd, 2008

There is no better hand, arm, and shoulder surgeon in the country. Dr. Cassidy can figure out and fix the toughest problems even when other doctors can't figure out what is wrong!