A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Cefalu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Cefalu, MD, MS is board certified in Family Medicine and Family Medicine - Geriatric Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Cefalu graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Cefalu has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Kenner Regional Medical Center
- Kenner Reg Med Ctr, Kenner, La
- University HospMed Ctr Of La, New Orleans, La
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cefalu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans