Surgical Specialist
1304 15th St
Ste 213
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-319-4080
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Gets the job done like a gentleman!  |  show details
by Dhara M. on Oct 9th, 2013

He performed surgery on me promptly, but also made sure the diagnosis was correct first. The result was great and I feel fantastic. Answered all my questions and really showed me he cared during my stay in the hospital. You're the best, Dr. C!

|  show details
by Michelle on Apr 16th, 2013

Dr Chandler performed an open umbilical hernia operation on me. It was the second attempt to repair my hernia. A previous surgery performed by a different doctor had not fixed the problem. I had told Dr C that I didn't want future surgeries & asked that he apply mesh to insure success. He did not put it in and I am thankful that he didn't. He did an amazing job. I'm very active & was worried this surgery wouldn't hold. It's been 5 years and I'm 100% well. He used his best judgement & is the best. I am thankful to him. He's the best choice.

|  3 months post op  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

I am now three months post op from my lap assisted colon resection. I was scared to death. I had confidence in Dr. Chandler and he did not let me down. Dr. Chandler did my surgery at SMUCLA. I am feeling great now... I took a long bike ride yesterday. I will always be grateful to Dr. Chandler and his excellent care. Thank you Dr. Chandler

|  DR. CHARLES CHANDLER, M.D. - A 5 STAR EXPERIENCE!  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2012

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. CHARLES CHANDLER, M.D. - UCLAI was referred by another doctor to see Dr. Chandler, following a CT Scan which revealed an "inflamed" appendix that could have burst at any time.Dr. Chandler is personable, has a good sense of humor, shows expertise in his field, is open to my questions and concerns and explains everything to my satisfaction. I am very pleased with our first meeting.I have nothing but sincere appreciation for Dr. Chandler andhis incredible medical skills and genuine caring. His very capable medical team was personable,informing and put me at ease. From the first office visit the day before through surgery and after - the experience was stellar!In his office, Dr. Chandler greeted me and immediately put me at ease with his warm manner. We talked about our families & travels and then he asked me if I'd like to see the CT Scan and to discuss the possibilities. He is a great teacher! We looked at the organs in the vicinity of the appendix, as well. So I got the 'big picture'. He said we could approach surgery in 2 ways. Dr. Chandler gave me the pros and cons of each method. I had a choice and made it with confidence.He was thorough, open to questions and concerns and answered all my questions.Without being an alarmist, he suggested that we do surgery soon. I was in surgery the next day.Because of his demeanor and how he approached me, a trust was formed!The Surgery was successful and went without a hitch. Dr. Chandler and team came by to see how Iwas doing and let me know all went well. They gave me the best care I could ever have hoped for. Today 2 days later Im up, feelinghealthy and just a little sore where the incision is. I expect to be totally 100% in the next fewdays. Very pleased!

|  from a UCLA patient  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2012

rude, may have a personality disorder

|  Life saving doctor  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

Dr.Chandler is solely responsible of saving our fathers life, on more than one occasion!He alone was able to convince our dad to have the life saving emergency care and surjeries our dad so very desperatly needed, Our dad was within days of death! If not for a life saving Dr. Chandler our dad would not be alive today.My family and I will be forever in immence gratitude to Dr. Chandler and he will be in our daily thoughts and prayers with the utmost resect and gratefulness.Long live Dr.Charles chandler!

|  the best sergeon on the west side  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

its been a few months since my 82 year old fathers surgery and he actually owes his being alive today to the genius/gifted,talented surgeon that Dr. Chandler is,If not for his colon surgery where Dr.Chandler removed about a foot of colon (and didnt have to give him a colostomy bag)He would not be alive today,and in great health ,improving every day,not only was the surgery successful but the follow up care and consideration was "above and beyond" You can consider youself extremely lucky to be in Dr.Chandlers hands,and the Santa Monica/U.C.L.A. Hospital can also consider themselves extremely fortunate to have such a gifted and talented surgeon aboard,Sincerely with Love&gratitude,Juliet El-Sherif and Family

|  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

This was my dads third surgery with this man and this last time he literally saved my dads life! I cant say enough good about this doctor from beginning to end,he is a five star doctor,anything less wouldnt do!I am speaking for my entire family,his wife my sisters,their husbands and my sons!Long live Dr. charles F. Chandler!

|  Best Surgeon  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

Had my gallbladder removed by him.I am terrified of surgey but I couldn't live with the pain of gallstones. Everyone who saw who was doing my surgery said oh you have the best surgeon. They were right. My laprascopy was complicated and I know another surgeon would not have had the patience or skill to complete it. I am posotive another surgeon would have cut me open old fashoned way(as they do when laprascopy gets to difficult). I will recommend him over and over again.You will have a wait to see him as he is very in demand but the results are worth it. Thank you Dr. Chandler!

|  Highly skilled and great resident team  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2009

Dr. Chandler and his resident team performed a partial colectomy on me under very difficult conditions. He spent the time to answer every question I had, treated me with incredible respect and his team is fantastic - smart, enthusiastic and skilled people. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who in interested in the best possible surgical team.

|  Dr chandler  |  show details
by rachel on Apr 8th, 2009

He saved my life...period.

|  RUN  |  show details
by Christine Contreras on Sep 3rd, 2008

I waited 2 hours to see this man and everyone else that was there waiting for him were commenting that this was the norm that there was no emergency. When I was in Pre-Op he tells me that he has to go to court for an errant child and then in the OR as I'm being put under and trying to meditate he's screaming and I ask him to be quite and he scream at me did I tell him to shut up? I said well yes. He then screamed that he wouldn't do surgery on me, and I said your right because I'm not letting someone so out of control touch me.