Dr. Charles Cornell MD Patient Reviews

• 27 reviews

no change

August 1st, 2016
I had two hip replacements with Dr. C. Cornell. I would recommend him to anyone who is unfortunately in need of a hip replacement. Not only is Dr. Cornell an excellent surgeon but the hospital he is affiliated with is beyond compare to any health care facility I have ever experienced. Their attention to detail is designed to avoid infection specifically. I felt as if I was completely cared for on every level. My recuperation was not easy but guided by the best in the Medical field. It has been 13 years since my first surgery and 3 since my second due to an accident. In my opinion, there is no other surgeon or hospital I would have orthopedic surgery with. They are simply the best at ehat they do.

December 6th, 2015
Kind, caring Doctor. My surgery could not have gone better. Excellent follow-up care as well.

November 13th, 2015
Amazing Doctor
Amazing doctor. Replaced both my knees in the same year. Within two months after surgery I was walking around Disney with my grandkids - pain free!!

October 23rd, 2015
For what I went through, I can think of no better Dr. to go through it with.

April 12th, 2015
Fantastic Surgeon
My surgery went much better than I anticipated. My new knee could hold my weight the day after surgery. I was walking without a cane within a week of surgery. It is now a month after surgery and I am on minimal pain medication (take it before PT and before going to bed). I am sure my easy recovery is due to the expertise of the surgeon.

January 8th, 2015
Disgusted& in pain
Had a Synvisc shot with Dr. Cornell's PA Brian he missed and hit my knee cap and now my knee blew up like a beach ball. I would recommend getting the shot from Dr. Cornell or someone else. Because when Dr. Cornell injected me I had no pain no problems!!! I called the office and the PA says its nothing just take some Pain meds, good way to chase a patient away Dr. Cornell!

January 2nd, 2015
An Excellent Surgeon
3 years post hip replacement with Dr. Cornell. Had an easy recovery - he truly changed my life as I was unable to stand for more than a few minutes. I am scheduled for a replacement on my opposite hip with Dr. C. in a few weeks. I have NO doubts that this will go as planned. Please keep in mind that this is a teaching hospital - and residents are present during surgery. I have seen Dr. Cornell personally 8 times over the past 3 1/2 years and he always spent as much time as necessary. I wonder how several reviewers can make a claim that residents performed their surgery. Were they awake? It is also clear that other reviewers have blamed some of their pre-existing degenerative joint problems on the surgery! Keep in mind that for every dissatisfied reviewer there probably are 20 who are pleased. Unfortunately, they don't necessarily take the time to report their success.

November 29th, 2014
Total Right Hip Replacement - Failed
Very nice, amicable person. Replaced right hip-- I had 4 dislocations (one on operating table right after surgery) before he performed another hip replacement with a larger hip/socket which he indicated was needed -- why it wasn't known at the time, is not known. Kept saying it was my flexibility causing the dislocations. Needed 2nd hip replaced 2 years later -- went to surgeon in my town (Princeton) -- did a hip replacement from the front (not side, as Dr. Cornell did) -- 2 weeks later, walking-- back to work -- no issues -- took me 6 weeks at home to recover from surgery at HSS -- the 2nd surgeon was AMAZING -- and he performed the surgery himself! Look around before you make your final decision, this is something way too important to chose based upon what is indicated on the Internet as merit!

August 7th, 2014
Horrible staff
Great surgeon but doesn't spend time with you at all. He will have you see a PA and never follow up with you. His PA john nice guy but does not have a clue as to what he is doing. You should as for cornell at all times if you want correct treatment.

April 16th, 2013
Outstanding
The end-to-end experience was highly satisfactory. Dr. Cornell is a true medical professional at all levels. I had both hip and knee replacements by him and am scheduled for a second hip replacement next month. I am confident in his skills and abilities and look forward to another outstanding outcome.

November 6th, 2012
Excellant Doctor
My overall experience was excellant and my total knee replacement was very successful. I play all sports now and live a pain free life. Thanks

September 16th, 2012
Doctor Cornell One Year Follow-Up
Just scheduled a one year follow-up to hip replacement surgery w/ Dr. Cornell. I couldn't be happier with the result. He is intelligent, caring, and professional.Some complainers focused on issues I (and the great majority of others) did NOT experience. The office staff is extremely helpful. As with ANY teaching hospital, there WILL be residents present at your surgery and participating under the direction of Dr. Cornell. Post-surgical problems complained about by other reviewers are most likely the result of pre-existing arthritis in other joints because you very seldom have completely localized osteo arthritis. One reviewer even complained about bone being shaved off the hip bone during a knee replacement surgery (?!)and blaming degenerative joint disease on the surgery. Rubbish!If you sift through the reviews using common sense, you will realize that Dr. Cornell is one of the finest surgeons in the country for hip and knee replacement. I will not hesitate for a moment to put myself in his hands when it's time for my second hip replacement!