Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist
98 15th St NW
Ste 208
Norton, VA 24273
276-679-6922
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jun 28th, 2014

Dr. Crouse saved my life. Twice. The first time was in an emergency when I couldn't breathe. The second was when he diagnosed and cured my throat cancer. If he had not been working at the VA, I wouldn't be here.

|  Explains your condition thoroughly  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

I constantly battle chronic sinus infection. He explained what was going on and why I was suffering as I was. He has been the only doctor to give me enough antibiotics to clear up the infection. Best I had felt in years. The trouble is he was only in Norton, VA a few months and left so now I'm back to being undertreated again.

|  What a nice doctor and good person  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Four weeks ago, my 8 year old son and I were walking through the grocery store when my son began having a reaction to an allergy shot that he received through another physician a few minutes earlier. Dr. Crouse approached us to ask if he could assist in any way. I had no idea at the time what was happening or who he was. My son began wheezing and had hives. Dr. Crouse immediately looked him over and noticing the bandaid on my son's arm asked if he had recently received an allergy shot or a vaccination. I told him allergy shot. He did a very quick exam on my son while asking me questions. He had sent one of the workers to get the Pharmacist. He gave the Pharmacist a bunch of medication orders and he treated my son right there in the store. Then he paid for the medications and supplies from the pharmacy. I didn't find that out until after he had left and I asked the pharmacist to how much I owed for the stuff they used. He stayed with my son until the ambulance arrived but my son was perfectly fine by the time they got there. Dr. Crouse called my son's physician and spoke with him about what had happened. Dr. Crouse called me the following morning to see how my son had done overnight.

|  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

He is by far the best ENT I have ever seen, and there have been several over the years. His bedside manner makes you feel more like he is your brother and friend than just your doctor. His knowledge is broad and deep. He is just excellent.

|  Grateful wife  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2009

Dr. Crouse saved my husband's life. He went to the emergency room with a stiff neck and was diagnosed with an abcess in his throat. Dr. Crouse presented us with two options, either cut ny husband's throat from ear to ear to remove the abcess OR treat it with steroids & antibiotics, we chose the later. Dr. Crouse communicated VERY well each step that he took in my husband's care, as he did with the staff. We are very thankful to Dr. Crouse & the staff of 5 east at Lewis Gale. My husband made a full recovery, thanks to Dr. Crouse's watchful eye & quick assessment of the problam. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone.

|  Best doctor ever  |  show details
by A loving mother on Jan 8th, 2009

He spent more time than any doctor I've ever dealt with answering all of my questions about my son's condition. He gave us several options for treatment and helped us pick out the treatment option that we felt most comfortable with. My son's surgery went better and easier than I expected. I hope that we never need his expertise again, but if we do I would not hesitate to ask for his help.