Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Wayne Holland on May 25th, 2015

Dr. Charles Decook is a Doctor that is truly a professional in every way and most knowledgeable person in his field who goes beyond helping others in surgeries , or just an office visit. If you want your problem fixed the first time , I would make an appointment today. Dr Decook is a wonderful person, always willing to go beyond helping and has a great knowledge of his profession. I am blessed to know and have Dr Decook as a Doctor and friend

Feb 26th, 2015

Dr. DeCook has excellent credentials and is an excellent surgeon for hip and knee. However, once you leave the OR, you won't see him again. He's too busy. His staff is incompetent and rude; there is no communication. Just try to get a pain prescription refilled -- extremely frustrating. Chris, his PA, handles the overload and doesn't have time for everyone. This office is a production line for surgery. There is no post-surgery care, unless you are your own patient advocate. All this is going to catch up to Dr. DeCook and, hopefully, not at the expense of one of his patients.

Great surgical results show details Great surgical results
by annonymous on Dec 23rd, 2014

I treat Dr DeCook's pts, post operatively; results are unparalleled.

DISAPPOINTED!!! show details DISAPPOINTED!!!
Oct 2nd, 2014

Nothing burns my A** more than making an appt. (first visit/new patient) to see a Dr., waiting for a month, after spending 15 years in chronic pain, than to get to the office and having the Physician Assistant walk in the room instead!!!!! I did not make an appt. to see the PA. My appt. was with the Dr. They are so darn busy trying to meet their "quota" on how many patients they can get in/out the door that all else goes out the window!!!

I was late however... show details I was late however...
by Maria C on Aug 14th, 2014

First, I am getting an Ortho consult for Total Hip Replacement...and I am fearful about the operation. I do believe the surgery will change my situation. However, I am particular about who will perform the surgery, the type of surgery, and part used as my new hip. This is my second "doctor interview". I did not meet the doctor. Because I was 20 minutes late, I had my consult with his PA, Chris. They did an xray in the office. This was lunch time. I was not impressed with most of the staff, the attitude about the "anterior" surgery which is that it is the "best" method for THR. I was not sold on the idea that the hip to be used "very common and widely used" ceramic and plastic hip is the one for me. I was not impressed with its 18 year of service as I am already concerned with the hundreds of tried and true 20 or more hip parts..."depending on the recipients activities" already on the market. While this is not a critique of the doctor, I believe the staff is representative of him. ( and obviously they do as well ) I believe that you get to see people in their real selves when you push them. The doctor may be a superb doctor but his staff made me decide to go elsewhere. To them being late was the big deal. I live an hour away, I have severe hip pain and this MAJOR surgery cost 50K,

Wouldn't want anyone else show details Wouldn't want anyone else
Feb 9th, 2014

I was an RN for 12 years and have seen my fair share of hip replacements (and other orthopedic surgeries). My husband recently had a hip replacement and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Just 5 weeks post op, my husband and I hiked 12 miles in the mountains over a weekend. While Dr. DeCook is in high demand and has limited time to spend with his patients, he makes every effort to give the patient and family as much time as he can.

Don't suffer another minute with hip pain! show details Don't suffer another minute with hip pain!
by Ron Jockell on Jan 30th, 2013

I had arthroscopic hip surgery on 11/01/12 to remove a bone spur that was apparently causing pain in my right hip. After 3 weeks on crutches and several weeks of therapy my pain was no better than pre surgery. By Christmas I was back on crutches. The surgery did not solve the problem. I called Dr. DeCook ( due to several positive recommendations )for a second opinion and found him to be on vacation. I sent him a fax explaining my dilemma. Upon his return and after securing my records from Atlanta, I got an appointment for Jan. 15th, 2013. I had bone to bone contact and needed a hip replacement. He was about 4 weeks out on scheduled hip surgeries and I asked him to work me into the earliest opening. On the way home my cell phone rang. It was his secretary informing me that a patient scheduled for surgery the next morning just cancelled due to the flu. Was I interested? You bet! Withen 20 hours of my initial visit, I was proudly sporting a new DeCook hip. He used the minimum invasive anterior (frontal) technique which drastically reduces the recover time along with the associated pain. That was 2 weeks ago today. I can drive, shop, and sleep pain free. It will take a few more weeks to be completely healed but I am more than satisfied for a 75 year old coot! He did a great job and I am happy to recommend him for his skills but the thing that I will remember most is when I called him after returning from the hospital and asked what I felt was a silly question. His reply was, "There are no silly questions, you can call me day or night with your concerns because when you became my patient, we became family"! That tell you a lot!

The best show details The best
Mar 11th, 2010

A exeptional docter

He is the best out there show details He is the best out there
by Valerie Magee Statesville NC on May 4th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr Decook for almost a year and he is the best he is very nice and caring I would not change a thing about him I would recommend him to anyone. Keep up the good work Dr Decook!!