Charles A Demarco, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Radiologist, Surgeon

2066 Richmone Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-987-1947
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

by Andrew on Apr 4th, 2014

I was sent to Dr. DeMarco from my friend SIlvana I have to say she was right he was very good. He took care of me as if I was family. He saw me after surgery and throughout my after care. He answered all of my questions and always made me feel comfortable.... Excellent Doctor and Fantastic bedside manor

|  Lovely Fathering skills  |  show details
by Beatrice demarco on Nov 19th, 2013

His is very good at raising children. I'd give him an A !

Jul 9th, 2013

Dr. Demarco is a get to the point doctor. Something wrong fix it and be done. His bedside manner is awesome, makes you very comfortable. His staff however is unprofessional and they really should explain to patient's that are waiting for 1 1/2 hours or even 2 hours to be seen. Dr. DeMarco, can walk in and apologize as well. The only staff member at the Staten Island location I highly recommend talking to is Phil. The other women are a little nasty, unless you are a nice looking man, where they worked before Dr. DeMarco, is a good question.

Apr 8th, 2013

I recommend Dr. DeMarco to all my friends and family. He is like the old fashioned doctor you don't see anymore. He is patient and kind and really cares about his patients. He is not knife happy at all. In fact, he talks many of his patients out of surgery unless they really need it. He also knows a lot about all kinds of medicine not just orthopedics. It's no wonder he treats so many doctors and their families. He got me walking and working again...the best!

|  4 Weeks no diagnosis  |  show details
by Ari Klingman on Apr 4th, 2013

What sums up my experience at this facility is: "We tried to contact you to cancel your 4:15pm appointment, because the Dr. had to leave at 2:45pm, but your phone was disconnected." This same cel phone worked magically for 2 weeks while I received several calls regarding insurance and payment. No follow-up, no diagnosis, no apology. "Would you like to reschedule?" No thank you. In fact I and Aetna would like our money back.

|  unresponsive staff  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

poor means of communication

|  great doctor  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. DeMarco and his office to anyone needing orthopaedic care".

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

Dr. Demarco patiently explained the risks of surgery to me. I was scared but he was there the whole time. Turned out great. Liked fact that he made me try conservative options first. Has so many patients he didnt need my surgery but he accepted me anyway. Sent my son in law to him

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I had gone to two other doctors who wrote me prescriptions and told me to come back in a month. I had a cancerous tumor. Dr. Demarco was the only doctor who diagnosed my problem. He saved my life. Yes sometimes you have to wait but that's because he is taking the time to listen to you and think about your problem. And he will spend the same time with you when it's your turn. A word of caution-- this is a read doctor and a real surgeon. If you are looking for a pill pusher, don't bother. He's the real old fashioned deal. His staff is great too..

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

I had a problem with my knee, and doctor DeMarco was very kind and polite, explaining my torn ligament. I am able to run again perfectly with no pain, thanks to Dr. DeMarco!

|  Do yourself a favor and find another Dr.  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

Seriously!

|  Find another place - Not Recommended  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

Dr. Charles Demarcos joint practice office at Ditmars is a classic example of extremly overcrowded and over booked medical practice with lowest patient care concern. Over 3 hours of wait on most of the days, Doctors spend less than 5 minutes of time with patient; doctor spends much more time outside with secretaries, secretaries are more interested in their look and show off than patient care! No respect and low moral towards patients; plus additional payment interest in your billing - Not recommended at all!!

|  Cares more about his car than his patients  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I had a 10:30 am appointment. I got there at 10:15 am and did not see the doctor till 1 pm. He did not apologize for making me wait. He spent 15 minutes talking to a friend about why he did not drive his Mercedez to work and spent 5 minutes evaluating my knee which an MRI later revealed had fluid, and a linear tear in the posterior medial meniscus.

|  horrible  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

surgery didnt go well and poor follow ups

|  50/50  |  show details
by dino on Sep 1st, 2009

the doctor could explain to me 3 things in my MRI of the spine report but 1 thing he didn't understand, that was writen down in one section of the report and that mite be necessary if that "1" thing is important plus he spend like 2 minutes with me and i waited like 4 hours with just a massage for a follow up when i expected something more for my condition!!