Oncologists
Main Line Hospital Lankenau
100 E Lancaster Ave
Wynnewood, PA 19096
610-526-4587
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by KP on Feb 9th, 2014

This man is far from being a professional he is a downright boor and I would rather die than have him take care of me. Keep away from him as much as you can. He is bipolar and has mood swings.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2013

Dr. Dunton is completely unprofessional and has a horrible bedside manner. How anyone can stand working or being around him is unfathomable.

|  patient  |  show details
by Sharman A. McLean on Jun 12th, 2013

I feel my experience with Dr. Dunton has been superior.. and have trust and confidence in him. He has explained everything in detail and has made me feel at ease and has proved to be the BEST!!! Thank you Dr. Dunton for all your care..I so appreciate it!

|  Horrible  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

Used him for a second opinion. After I found out he was wrong about my diagnosis of metastatic cervical cancer I called him. He said that I was wrong it was in my liver and hung up. Well 12 years later I am still here and he was wrong.

Oct 19th, 2012

Not a doctor I would recommend to anyone. Terrible follow up, wrong diagnosis, no explanation, etc.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

Dr. Dunton treated me with the utmost of respect, patience, and kindness. Between office visits, he kept me updated with lab and test result information by phone, in as timely a manner as anyone could imagine possible. He is very humble and low-key, in a very positive way.He welcomed my questions and answered them completely. His staff members are kind and spent extra time with me when I needed it. Dr. Dunton works in a difficult field and has to deliver some difficult news sometimes, but he does so in a kind way, and makes sure he does what needs to be done to keep you healthy or restore your health. He performed surgery on me, and it was highly successful.I do not easily trust many doctors, but I really do trust Dr. Dunton.

|  Stay as far away from this man and his staff as you can!!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

This man is a crazy egomaniac!! He switches from a professional to a lunatic whenever he is questioned. His ego is outrageous!! Unfortunately for Dr. Holtz, Dr. Dunton pulls all the puppet strings in the office. His staff is minimally efficient (if you don't count on his receptionist to help you). Dr. Dunton is disgustingly arrogant. He has a monopoly on Lankenau for gyn onc ... when will Lankenau smarten up and get another practice on that floor!! Dr. Dunton should have to sit and take chemo ... that might change his horrible attitude!!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jun 29th, 2011

I have complete confidence in Dr. Dunton's understanding of and capability in this field.

|  Treatment with Dr. Dunton  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

I have experienced professionalism with Dr. Dunton for eight years. He has always answered questions that I have about chemotherapy and radiation. I continue to receive chemotherapy and found that reading about my cancer and talking with other professionals about what I needed for my care helped with asking Dr. Dunton questions. I have sought several second opinions and was treated in a courteous manner when asking for records to be sent to another institution. Having cancer is a difficult journey, since I deal with illness, side effects from drugs, and thoughts about suffering, death, and concern for my family. I appreciate that Dr. Dunton and staff are dedicated to helping women with gyn cancer, since patient care in this sensitive area of life demands patience and attention.

Jun 22nd, 2011

I had a great experience with Doctor Dunton. I was diagnosed on Dec 16 and had surgery on Dec 20. Dr D explained everything and answered all my questions.He even answered all the questions my family asked.I had a terrible experience/ allergic reaction with the first two Chemo treatments and he was right there with me.Dr. Dunton, his staff as well as the Chemo Nurses were fantastic. I am not out of the woods yet, but I beleive that Dr. Dunton saved my life!Pat Kaeser

Jun 16th, 2011

Dr. Dunton and his ENTIRE staff were wonderful. I felt like I was in great, competent hands. He diagnosed my problem and discussed my options with me and my family. The surgical staff working with Dr. Dunton was exceptional. Everyone of them was professional and caring. The hospital staff was very professional.

|  COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED BAD REPUTATION  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

Months after my mother died, I still have strongly negative feelings towards this individual. Not an ounce of empathy towards his patients or their families when going through a horrific experience. In talking to other doctors at Lankenau, he is known for his abysmal bedside manner. Believe me, you do not want to have this man as your loved one's doctor.

|  A FIVE STAR RATING  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

I met Dr. Dunton because I had just been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.I would definitely recommend Dr. Dunton for anyone who suffers from this disease.He was recommended to me by Dr. John Marks ( a colon specialist ) who is also a highly respected surgeon at Lankenau Hospital, Wynnewood, Pa.Dr. Dunton is a very serious man who battles daily with a very serious disease.When we first met, he laid out his plan for my surgery, chemo and all the treatments necessary. He told me that his experience with his chemo regime was well tolerated and had good results. He had already fixed the date for my surgery with Dr. Marks, because I also needed a second surgeon present since the cancer had spread into my colon. He introduced me to his staff and told me that they, and he would see me before each treatment. He was ready to do battle for me even though I was still stunned because I had no symptoms and did not feel sick. I was very fortunate to have had such a champion take over and take charge over a situation which was out of control for me.It is very reassuring to have someone like that on your side.Everything he said was true. His staff was always friendly and courteous. All of my questions, worries and phone calls were answered quickly. Dr. Dunton even called me at home to give me good reports of my blood work and biopsies and always watched over me in a concerned manner. Even within other areas of the hospital: the labs, special x-ray departments, and the chemo infusion nurses, all were well aware of Dr. Duntons priorities and protocol. He is a true professional. Dr. Duntons focus and his priority is on fighting this disease and saving lives.He saved my life and I am extremely grateful to him.Yours truly, Helen Witlin

|  The best doctor and staff  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

I would and I have recommended Dr. Dunton. He is the best. Also, his staff is excellent and very professional. You can call any time and you will always get an answer to your question(s).

|  M. Aritz  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Because I'm a long distance patient, 2hrs I very much appreciate the promptness of all of my appointments that I have experienced. On 1 occasion during a snow storm, the office graciously offered to change my appointment to my convenience. Being a cancer patient is not easy. I very much appreciate Dr Dunton's honesty and also his openness to new ideas

|  Super professional Doctor  |  show details
by severe dysplasia patient on Mar 14th, 2011

I came to Dr. Dunton after being diagnosed elsewhere because my former doctor would not return my phone calls about the diagnosis. Dr. Dunton treated my case with the utmost professionalism. For my LEEP, he would not leave post surgery until he updated my husband in the waiting room. He persoanlly called within 2 days with the pathology results. Now I see his Nurse Practicioner for follow ups, who is also great. She's down to earth and so willing to explain whatever I needed.

Feb 15th, 2011

Dunton is an awful doctor with a terrible bedside manner. He was arrogant and dismissive when talking to the family about my mothers treatment. When attempting to explain that my mother was dying, we had to corner him while he was doing rounds, drag the information out of him, and he showed no compassion what so ever. Every member of our family left with a bad taste in out mouths after talking to him. If he does have any knowledge about how to treat cancer, he will not share it with the family, so you will not know what he is doing. He hides behind his arrogance and forces you to confront him for information. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for care.

|  This man should retire....  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Follows an outdated mode of patient-dr relationship. Attitude of "how dare you ask me any questions." Cold, arrogant and I question his course of treatment. Have heard far from glowing opinions of him from other doctors....

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Lisa Korey on May 10th, 2010

Great doctor........

Mar 24th, 2010

One of the best physicians I have ever met. One of the best gyn oncologists. Would definitely recommend this physician.

by Marie Porreca on Feb 1st, 2010

cold, no info regarding my condition. Nothing regarding post surgery. Appeared annoyed if I asked a question.Closed the door as to my asking further questions.

|  Stay Away  |  show details
by from a doctor's perspective on Dec 7th, 2009

This doctor is arrogant and rude. He told my mother to have all of these terrible invasive procedures because he thought she had recurrent cancer. I took her for a second opinion, he was wrong of course and then fired my mother as a patient because he was so angry that we got a second opinion. He was incredibly rude, and caused us so much stress and worry. I think he orders lots of unnecessary tests if you have good insurance.

Dec 7th, 2009

Amazing doctor who gave his all to our family..would not hesitate using Dr. Dunton for any further issues.

May 16th, 2009

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone! I don't want to even re-live the experience that my sister went through. She has since passed away.

|  I Agree with Anonymous 7/2/08  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2009

I agree with the posting from Anonymous 7/02/08...I dealt with Dr. Dunton in 2001 when I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer at which time he performed my histerectomy. This doctor has no Compassion. He has the worst bedside mannerisms not to mention he is very ARROGANT! He was so rude and short with me I never went back to him for a follow-up, instead I followed up with my GYN doctor who recommended Dr. Dunton. After having the surgery, Dr. Dunton told my husband, he got all the cancer therefore I wouldn't have to have any Chemo or Radiation. In 2008, I was told not only did the Cervical Cancer return but it had spread. Now my life is that of constant testing every couple of months and chemo when needed. I was also told that having Radiation right after the surgery could have possibly prevented the death sentence I was handed in 2008.

Feb 15th, 2009

Dr Dunton, Is one of a kind,honest,caring and to the point. He saved my life so I can't say enough good things about him.

|  No compassion  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2008

Does not explain the diagnosis or treatment. Gave me a life-threatening diagnosis straightforward without saying anything about possiblity of not having it. Underwent psychological distress, anxiety , depression because of this. Still thought it could be another disease with similar symptoms. Told me the worst that could happen in surgery . Brushed off my husband ARROGANTLY with an attitude when he made a request for him to be notified during surgery . No compassion at all. Cannot empathize. Turned out he was wrong in his diagnosis.