A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Cox:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Cox, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hot Flashes
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cox graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Cox has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center
- Cape Coral Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cox accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans