Dr. Charles Kaufman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 16th, 2015
Don't bother
Arrogant, rude, unprofessional and the most profoundly impudent doctor I have ever encountered.

April 10th, 2013
Changed my Life
I read the other comments about Dr. Kaufman's bedside manner and its laughable. My first appointment I was so scared because some doctors treat migraines so lightly. He spent lots of time with me and really tried to understand my days and what may be contributing to my pain. He isnt warm, but he is by no means rude. He is straight to the point and efficient which I appreciate. He wanted to know all about me, my work, my life to try and help me. Three years later I am a different person and he helped me make the changes that have all but eliminated my migraines. I think some people want to get rid of the pain without making any changes and that's not realistic. If you are truly suffering like I was then you will do what the doctor says and you will get results.

April 2nd, 2013
Horrible Experience
Instead of writing a huge paragraph, I'll sum it up....I saw Kaufman for migraines, everything was okay at first. Getting Botox scheduled was ridiculous(I'm a nurse and deal with botox everyday, so I know insurance comes into factor, but it doesnt take 6 weeks to authorize botox through insurance) Botox worked great for my migraines, injection went great as well.....then....a total change happened Kaufman became rude, arrogant, he acted like he could care less, and that I was a complete inconvience to him. I was due for Botox again (they scheduled me for 4months) his office called twice to confirm my appt time the day before.....the next day(my appt) they called 2.5hours before my appt to say they had not recieved my Botox and was canceling my appt and they could not tell me how long it would be before it came in....His office is terrible to reach, his bedside manor is HORRIBLE, I am NO LONGER a patient of his and will never refer anyone to him.

October 30th, 2012
Horrible experience
This was the first time I have ever been "fussed" at by a physician. He humiliated me and actually made me cry. He wouldn't even listen to my history to figure out the problem. He had his mind made up within one minute of the visit (which the appt only lasted about 10 min). I felt hopeless after leaving, but picked myself up and made an appointment with a REAL physician. He shouldn't be able to practice anymore.

June 22nd, 2012
He treated me horribly. I have never experienced a doctor as terrible as him.

May 21st, 2012
Dr. Kaufman has been my neurologist for over ten years. He answers all my questions and follows up with tests as needed. I have had one stroke and 2 TIAs, and I trust him to make correct medical decisions for me. His staff has been very polite, and I leave the office feeling I have been very well treated. I would now and have in the past recommended him to others.

November 16th, 2011
ARROGANT
Can he really be a doctor? This was the most arrogant man I have ever met in my life! Words to describe this man: arrogant, rude, obnoxious, uncaring, bad attitude toward the patient. Need I go on, because there are many more words I could use.I went with my mother--we saw him twice...he was rude the first visit, but when we had to see him a 2nd visit, I had hoped that maybe the 1st time we saw him was a bad day for him...well, he was worse the 2nd visit.He had my mother crying, as well as me crying before we left out of his office...and was even continuing belittling my mother as we were walking out. With tears in my eyes I asked this man...If this were your mother in so much pain, what would you do? His response....all her problems are in her head, so you need to take her to see about having her committed or talk to someone at Cope at the Lake. Really? He spoke these things with such a harsh tone...and as we were walking out and my mom said she was done with doctors, He was still saying hurtful things to her---He said see you are walking fine, and you just don't want to get better.I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone.

November 14th, 2011
See someone else
This doctor has the WORST I have ever seen. Not only is his bedside manner the most horrible I have ever seen, but likes to be-little you along the way. I would say he is past retirement. I should of listen to his other patients. If you ask about something else he lets you know your not the doctor. First visit...he was rude...second worst...going to another doctor, who at least acts like they care. Oh and expect about a 1.5 to 2.0 hour wait on your second visit. Can't understand why he still practices.

October 18th, 2011
On first visit, he was very nice and pleasant. I thought he was going to be a great doctor. Went back for follow-up, had to wait an hour-and-a-half to not be told anything. He did nerve conduction studies, six types of MRIs and all kinds of tests. From all these tests, which he gets paid for, I did not get told anything but that I had a disc in my neck; no big deal. Yeah, right the pain is no big deal.

May 20th, 2009
Changing Meds, Doctors; bedside manner.
I have been a patient for 5 yrs. during that time I have ONLY seen Dr. Kaufman about 4 X's. the rest of the visits I have been seen by Meagan,his asst.She has treated me and HAS Cared for ME ALL this time.She has ordered at least 2 MRI scans to be run and other tests done. She has been giving me Medication to get my Headaches Under control.She had givin me Nerve Block SHOTS in my lower neck and higher up the base of my neck close to the baack of my head. I've PAID the cost of seeing a specialist for 5yrs. while being TREATED by a Physician Assistant. NOW,she has left clinic of which I was not made aware of and now I am being seen by Dr.Kaufman whom doesn't EVEN know me really, Nor has he been treating me for the last 5 yrs.and he desides to change and DO away with some of my medication I have been on that I FEEL I NEED because it took Meagan a long time to get my headaches under some kind of control. The MOST important is my SLEEPING medication I was on. Because without sleep,I DO get Headaches. BUt HE thinks I don't need it. So yesterday he gave me a NEW Med.I got it filled at Wal-Mart. Well, I spent the night AWAKE !!! all night long AWAKE ! I am so tired I can't think. It was weird..like I was drugged, laying there in some kind of state of mind knowing I'm awake but not really being able to move enough to get up.THEN, I ENDED UP with a MONSTER HEADACHE. GREAT !!! Thanks a LOT.