Dr. Charles Egley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Egley?

March 21st, 2013

Amazing peace of mind

My husband and I are so very thankful for Dr. Egley and all of his staff! I found out about a medical condition that makes my pregnancies high risk. Unfortunately, our first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. I didn't fully understand everything that happened, so I made an appointment with Dr. Egley a month after our loss. He took the time to bring in journal articles and educate my husband and myself. Dr. Egley was so encouraging and even gave me a hug at the end of the appointment. A few months later, we were pregnant again. We saw Dr. Egley and his staff once a month in the first and second trimester and weekly in the third. The level of care, patience, and attention we received was so very comforting during that time. One of the ultrasound technicians even came down to visit us in the hospital after our daughter was born. My husband and I do not have any family in Central Illinois. We would LOVE to move back home near our families. But we've decided to wait until after we are done having our children. We trust Dr. Egley and his staff implicitly with our future children. I would have a hard time trusting anybody else. Thank you to Dr. Egley and all of his WONDERFUL nurses and ultrasound techs. Please ALL still be there in a couple of years when our next baby is here!

August 6th, 2012

Told Me to "Get Out And Never Come Back"

Two things to know about this doctor 1.) doesn't use the 3 database backup systems provided by the hospital; what this means is if you forget the hardcopy of the form for lab work - unlike other with other doctors, they cannot look you up in the system. #2) The hospital has a policy against recording video (even during sonnogram!!); once again, the familiarity with technology is at a minimum - because the machine they use is capable of storing video, but no effort has been made to capture this for patients. All this is fine, I suppose - however, being told that "you are the only one to forget your forms in all my years" or "you are the rudest patient I've ever had" in response to requesting to use my own camcorder to record video for my family who cannot make it - and then, the request to "get out and never come back" and "I'll help you find another doctor" - well, it was, unexpected. I'm not the most pleasant person, but I felt I had reasonable requests 1.) to have my data backed up and 2.) to be able to record my baby moving for my family who could not make it. Perhaps I drove him to the edge but - was not a pleasant experience. I don't doubt the doctor is knowledgeable - but the complete lack of regard for my family wanting to see the baby and counting on that video was really unexpected and unprofessional. The staff were nice enough to make us a VHS snippet - and the staff are really great. The doctor is definitely old school.

July 18th, 2012

Amazing

Dr. Egley is just amazing. His bedside manner is nothing like I have ever experienced. He even called and talked with my mother (I'm a 30 year old adult, but you know moms), to let her know that everything was ok. AMAZING!

March 10th, 2012

excellent!!

December 14th, 2010

I have MS and I had to see Dr. Egley a couple times to make sure the baby was ok. The nurses are wonderful and so is the doctor. The doctor see so many patients so the wait is a little long but worth it. He explained everything well and showed on the sonogram what he was looking for. I would recommend him :)

February 8th, 2016