Dr. Charles Stone DO Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Laguna Hills, CA

• Good
  • Bad

August 26th, 2014
The best psychiatrist in the world!
Dr Chip Stone has nothing but exceptional and amazing. I am thankful to god that I found Dr Stone, because he has truly made a difference in my life. He is excellent at his job and he loves what he does. He is truly caring and genuine and will help you gain your mental health and function at your highest level. I have seen several psychiatrists in the past and all the previous ones cannot hold a candle to Dr Stone, cause he is truly in my book the best in the world. Please if you are looking for an exceptional amazing psychiatrist see Dr Stone! I reccomend him to all my friends and family. Truly amazing.

January 30th, 2014
Really Cares
Very rarely do you meet a doctor who genuinely cares about your well being. I don't think I have enough good words to describe Dr. Stone. Everytime I leave his office I feel like he has listened to my concerns and taken the time to address each one to make my life better. I never feel rushed with Dr. Stone which is very unusual with most doctors today. I would recommend this doctor to everyone I know.

January 10th, 2014
Top Notch Dr.
For a little over the past 2 years, after been treated by several other doctors for the same condition of suffering from several moods of pain and depression. Now!!! I have FINALLY found a remarkable, kind and sensitive doctor who has been able to finally find a the right method to treat me for my condition. For several months I thought I would never get to see my life as it was before my accident. Since my treatment, of just a few months from seeing Dr. Chip Stone, I have never felt better!!! I would highly recommend anyone and everyone who would like to find a doctor who really listens to everything his patients says and a doctor who has the patients and passion of making the right decisions, to please visit Dr. Chip Stone. He really is one of the best Doctors I have ever had. Thank you very much for your help Dr. Chip Stone, I really look forward to getting up ever morning and facing the day and meeting people again! Thank you!

January 7th, 2014
wife of a life long (recovering) addict
Dr Chip is nothing short of amazing. Without him we wouldnt have the life we have. His professional skill and emotional support for both me and my husband while walking us throughstepby step with what i needed to do while giving exactly what was needed for medical detox as well as being an amazing docto/counselor/friend without judgement never letting shame in ...and being there ANY time .. even stuck with him through a cross country move via video office visits...still to this day is the only person eiher of us can turn to and checks in more often than real family . .. he never gave up and believed in him..genuinely cares for him... Thank you so much Dr Chip... you TRULY saved my husbands life and our marriage... and helped him become every man we knew he could be. . no star rating can compare to what you are in our lives.

December 13th, 2013
5 star!
I have been going to Dr. Stone for a couple of years now and I will never look back. I highly recommend him to anyone in the area, thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for me.

December 4th, 2013
Picture framer
Dr. Stone took the time out of this evening and afternoon to make sure that my medications were with me at all times he even called the pharmacy is to see if they can learn the medicine until my prescription came through he was wonderful at getting my prescriptions to me in a timely fashion. Even the pharmacist was very amazed at his bedside manner and how courteous he was.

November 24th, 2013
A doctor who cares....
I am writing this review to Doctor Stone, as my way of saying thank you, Dr. Stone is a rarity in this day and age and a credit to his profession. He likes his patients to call him Chip, to establish a genuine rapport with them and put them at ease. As a result he comes across as a doctor with a truly compassionate nature for his patients. This is no ordinary 9 to 5 Doctor, this is a man, who will pull himself away from watching his daughter's soccer game, to immediately speak with a client dealing with a crisis that presented itself, during his off hours. I know this to be true, as he has done just this for me. His concern for each and every patient, does not stop as they exit his office. He has a vested interest in seeing to it that each patient is a priority to him and that they know he is always available to them, should a crisis arise. I have seen him adjust his schedule to make sure that each and every patient that needs to be immediately seen, is fit in that day. I've known him to stay as late as 10:00 P.M waiting patiently at his office, simply because he knows that person needs to be seen on an emergency basis. His approach is not a clinical or textbook one, he deals with each and every patient on an individualized basis, developing a rapport that allows him to truly assess each clients needs on a personal level. With Chip there is no set in stone method of dealing with patients needs, there is simply a compassionate one. His credentials speak for themselves, but what sets him apart from the many other psychiatrists out there, is that he cares. He has seen me through a very rough period in my life and never once, have I felt like a burden to him. There are many doctors who can earn a medical degree, but it is the one's that earn that degree for the right reasons that set them apart from the pact. So, this is my thank you, to a wonderful man who has been there for me in every way over these past two years. Thank you, Chip for making a difference in my life and giving me the skills to keep on fighting the fight. You are one of a kind.....

November 13th, 2013
Not sure what happened there
I am not sure what happened with the other person, but my experience has been nothing short of spectacular. I am sorry for the experience of the one, but maybe it had to do with Dr. Stone spending more time with people who need his help. It is hard to say but he is kind, compassionate, and cares about my health and well being. I feel like a whole person again and it's too bad that people would have difficulties with the appointments. I know that he has spent extra time with me when I have been in crisis and I know he would do the same for you. He is nothing less than great and yes, be prepared to wait awhile, but the last person said it well. He listens, cares, and is someone who is easy to love. I guess the fewer people that come the better for us who will get more time with him, but I would say this: he is compassionate, caring, sensitive, and kind. He knows how to listen, how to talk, and how to inspire. He picks the right medications and asks me for my input. With him I feel whole again and I am grateful through and through.

November 8th, 2013
I loved him but am now extremely disappointed
I started seeing Dr. Stone about a year ago. I loved him! He was easy to talk to, he listened, he interacted, he was not judgmental. Something started to consistently happen about 4 or 5 months ago, though. The wait time upon entering the office (with me being on time for my scheduled appointment) increased from 5-10 minutes to 45 minutes to an hour. His secretary is wonderful about calling and letting you know he is running late, but I have three kids with soccer practice, etc, and can't wait that long. So, this month, he flat out canceled 20 minutes after the scheduled appointment time while I was waiting. I rescheduled for weeks later because he was booked. At first he was 20 minutes behind, then 45, then over an hour. I had to leave. His secretary told me she would request a refill from him for my meds and have them called in. No meds, no call. I called back at least four times. The pharmacy called him three times as well as faxed a refill request. No response. No meds. I have since run out of my anti depressant. And for those of you who have experience with this, you can't just stop them without severe side effects. It has been over weeks since my appointment and nothing. I am frustrated and furious! I don't know if he has something going on in his personal life, if he is just over booking, or if he just doesn't like me, but this is extremely unprofessional and am currently looking for a new doctor. I hope you have a better experience.

August 29th, 2013
More than just a Doctor...
I am a 33 year old male that has been a slave to shooting heroin since the age of 13. I've been in and out of detox programs as well as prisons and no type of "treatment" could ever loosen the grasp of that demon. My wife and I had heard of certain treatment that has positive results but there was a huge milestone between myself and that option... Money. But being the loving woman my wife is and never letting any obstacle come between her and doing something good for me, she made call after call looking for a Doctor thats a Doctor to help and not just for a paycheck. That Doctor is Chip Stone. He worked with us on the payments in order to get me in the office to start treatment. He listened to what I had to say, my concerns, and didn't just rush me in and out. I've never once felt like a junkie in front of Dr. Stone, nor do I feel as just a patient. I feel like a person that he truly cares about and wants to help. And that makes me look at him as more than just a Doctor, he's a friend. As of today I have over a year free of the demon that's haunted me most of my life and although its been a Hugh struggle on my behalf, I can honestly say I'd not have the life I have today had it not been for Dr. stone.

July 30th, 2013
Outstanding, compassionate and kind
The thing I love the most about Dr.stone is he acts as a therapist and psychiatrist. He listens and helps guide you through problems and to look at a situation from an outsiders view. He truly cares about his patients. He gives his emergency phone number and I have used it one several occasions and every time he pick up, and is willing to go the further distance to make you as comfortable as possible.

June 22nd, 2013
Teacher
I would start by saying that I am a school teacher and to my fellow teachers, I know that life is stressful. Our jobs demand a lot from us and take a huge toll on our well-being. When I came to this office, I had already reviewed the blogs and reviews on Vitals.com as well as some of the other doctor review sites. I was expecting something terrific at this office. And, I was not disappointed. I did wait a little bit and what others have said is true, there is coffee, tea, and a nice sized TV to watch!! :) Meeting Doctor Stone was like meeting a best friend. However he approaches people, he just sets an environment where I felt instantly safe and secure; he has not changed that at all. I have learned more about myself in the past month than I probably had through all my years of training. He is a good man, easy to talk with, a fabulous listener, and does not instantly reach for that prescription pad in a way that could make me feel unsettled. However, he does expand the usual thinking of psychiatrists and uses techniques and medications that simply work. I feel more like myself than I have in a long, long time and that will impact my school, my students, and my parents. I would say that Dr. Chip Stone is an great asset to the Orange County community and has helped me with my depression, anxiety, and , to a certain extent, ADHD. I noticed the awards that he has been honored with and confirm that indeed he is a kind, compassionate, intelligent gentleman who made a difference in my life.