Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Video profile

by Lisa Turner on Nov 2nd, 2015

Closed office at green valley w/o referring # or info.....

by Bianca Cherem on Jun 8th, 2015

Great doctor !!

Find another MD show details Find another MD
by R on Jan 4th, 2014

Had I taken the bad reviews more consideration I would have avoided a terrible experience with the MD, the entire Green Valley OBGYN office, and Dr. Tyre. I will try to be as brief as possible for those considering Dr. Charles Fleischer for their obgyn needs: Initial office feel: Horrible! Staff is rude and not courteous in the least. They will not inform you if the doctor is running late so expect longer wait times (which I think is necessary for the working woman and people with children) Promptness: Don't make any plans the day of your appt. My shortest wait time was 1 hour. I waited 3 hours for my appt that was scheduled 3 days before my son was due, after waiting 3 hours with another woman whom he called in because of positive test results he needed to discuss with her asap, we were told despite us two being the only ones left to see, he left for the day and we could reschedule or be seen by a nurse practitioner. After explaining I was supposed to discuss my options because he told me he was going to schedule an induction I was told I could schedule an appt the next week and double book with another patient. Bedside Manner: Prepare to be treated like a number. He will ask the same exact questions each time you see him. He was not there to deliver my son (and I had the misfortune to meet Dr. Tyre- rude, treats nursing staff like servants, huffs and puffs like a child) and did not see me once while I was in the hospital. There were complications during delivery so I had to 6 days post partum, when the day finally came to be released, it was delayed because Fleischer would not return calls to the hospital to clear me to go home. Normally, your follow up visit is with one of their amazing nurse practitioners. due to my complications I had to see him one last time. When he walked in he made a joke about what happened, didn't check me to see if placenta was still stuck as I was told he was supposed to do, then asked me, "So what did you have?" This may not be the most coherent review, but please, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. You will save your time and sanity. You will find most of the people you are waiting with in the waiting room for hours on end are his patients. If you hear people complaining or yelling about issuing complaints to their insurance providers, rest assured they are talking about Dr. Fleischer. Heed the warnings. I wish I had. The joyous experience of having a child should not be tainted by a terrible person. If you are seeing him now and feel stuck, you can call your insurance provider, tell them you are unhappy with this MD and they will allow you to change! You don't have to settle for this guy! It's never too late!

Horrible Experience show details Horrible Experience
Dec 20th, 2013

At first I was very pleased with Dr. Fleischer - that is until I had my exam after having surgery. It was excruciating. The pain became unbearable and I kept asking him to stop. While I was in tears and backing up on the table to get away from him - the Dr. kept telling me "It's all in your head", "It's all in your head." I've since learned that he's told other patients the same. This continues to be a nightmare for me.

Happy show details Happy
Sep 12th, 2013

He was the best ob. he delivered my son who is now 4 and he did my hysterectomy 2 years later he is an excellent dr I have and will still recommend people to go and see him

Great Physician, Rude Administrative Staff show details Great Physician, Rude Administrative Staff
Sep 4th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Fleischer's for over a decade. He is charismatic, patient, and has a wonderful sense of humor. I always feel completely comfortable, which we all know is a feeling that can be in short supply when making visits to the OBGYN! His professionalism, bedside manner, and vast knowledge keep me coming back- despite a wait time that is NEVER brief (even first thing in the morning) and an administrative staff that has proven themselves to be both rude and incompetent. I didn't let this bother me too much until I became pregnant and had to visit the office frequently. During one particular visit, the front desk staff handled a minor administrative issue so badly and was so incredibly rude to me that my usually perfect blood pressure was sky high once I was called back to be seen by the doctor. I was especially unappreciative of this, as I was 5 months pregnant at the time. As a former receptionist in a medical setting, I know how important it is to set the tone for a patient's visit. Not everyone is there for a routine visit, some patients are coping with serious conditions, questions, or complications. So I feel it is of the utmost importance to greet all patients with a smile and to communicate with them respectfully. These are courtesies that you will most certainly NOT find at this practice. However, the nurses, technicians, and most importantly, Dr. Fleischer himself, more than make up for the miserable personalities at the front desk.

Bad office, bad staff show details Bad office, bad staff
Jun 25th, 2012

Terrible office and staff. Very unfriendly. Money driven. Terrible care. There are much better offices out there.

Mar 22nd, 2011

His compassion for his patients extends beyond the physical needs but also the the emotional needs. He is understanding and he listen no matter how long you need he is there. That is why I never mind waiting. I know is giving the care and attention that someone else needs.

Nov 2nd, 2008

For yourself and peace of mind, see a different doctor!! If you have a complication as I did, he didn't treat me with the care I needed. Bad bedside manners!!