Dr. Charles Friedman DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 17th, 2014
As Good as It Gets
Though my pain scale stays between a 7 & 8 on a daily basis due to my spine being crushed from a work related accident requiring both anterior & posterior surgerys (front & back - 3 times) , Dr. Friedman & his staff are as good as gets with there professional treatments the past 6+ years, period!

June 9th, 2014
Interrogating and rude
I was so happy to go to the Pain Clinic. I have been suffering from pain for yrs that has progressively become worse over time. I was lying on the examination bed due to the 45 min wait and pain from sitting in a hard chair. Dr. Friedman walked in the door and rudely ordered me off the bed. He didnt make eye contact or introduce himself. he started his interrogation immediately. My urine had tested for a pain pill that was not prescribed. I was given the pill to help my pain. He told this was considered trafficking! Are you serious? He started asking me a series of questions in which I was interrupted and cut off from answering. I had asked him if he could order a MRI or something to see why i had so much pain. I was talking to a wall. He blatantly ignored my questions so, he could interrogate me on a personal level. He said something weird about my son being with me that I couldn't quiet catch because we started arguing. He had zero bedside manner. I was so disappointed in the manner that I was treated i left and cried all the way home. I dont get these other reviews and question their authenticity.

June 22nd, 2013
pain relief ??????II
If you like to take pills and injections this is the place to go........and it goes on for months. Cold ...not friendly people

June 17th, 2013
Exceptional Care
The entire staff at Pain Relief Center is kind, caring and compassionate. I am a long time patient with them so I rarely see Dr.Friedman, but I know he mo irons the care of all his patients. He is up front with what he can and cannot provide for pain relief. I have and often do recommend pain relief center for those who require this type if care.

May 14th, 2013
As a long time customer/patient of pain relief centers, I have consistently received exemplary high quality care and service both in person at their offices, and over the telephone. The staff has always given me a courteous, rapid response time both in their offices and via telephone.

March 15th, 2013
Not the same experience as other reviewers on this site
Unlike the other patients here, I did not leave the office after my first visit with warm, fuzzy feelings. Yes, Dr. Friedman did spend a lot of time talking to me. He did evaluate me. And what seemed like compassion at the beginning of the appointment quickly turned to into subtly putting down many parts of my life and finishing with telling me I needed a new career. I left devastated and in tears and with a suggestion from the doctor that I should talk to a mental health counselor. Isn't it reasonable for someone to break down and cry when you give them terrible news without needing to see a shrink? I needed a copy of my records from the visit and was told absolutely, for a $1 per page. Seriously? Nickel & dime people who are already injured and going through a rough time? (BTW, Rule 64B8-10.003, of the Florida Administrative Code states "Recognizing that patient access to medical records is important and necessary to assure continuity of patient care, the Board of Medicine urges physicians to provide their patients a copy of their medical records, upon request, without cost, especially when the patient is economically disadvantaged.") When I called to speak to the doctor about my medical records several weeks later, I was told the only way the doc would talk to me is if I made an appointment...@ $125 per visit. My $125 follow up appointment was dreadful. He was completely belligerent and insensitive to my needs and questions and somehow made everything about him. In conclusion, is he a sound pain management doctor? I suspect so. Does he really care about you? NO WAY. Is he more concerned with fattening his wallet? Absolutely. If you need a compassionate doctor, please go else where. He is more interested in being right about his diagnoses than he is in your well being.

February 12th, 2013
This place is great!
I heard about Pain Relief Centers through my insurance carrier. This place is great! Very friendly staff and the doctors actually listen to you. I don't feel comfortable in doctor's offices, but I feel fine in this place. Thank you to everyone who creates this very friendly atmosphere. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone!

October 30th, 2012
Great Care by Dr. Friedman!
This center has changed my life! Without PRC, I would not be able to tolerate the smallest tasks of daily living activities. If you asked me to testify about the professionalism of PRC and its doctors as well as Westcoast (next door), I would offer new hope to others who have been suffering far too long. I would encourage them to take a positive approach to wellness by utilizing the services offered by PRC. Many Thanks!

October 20th, 2012
Thank you Dr. Friedman
Staff and physicians are always very thorough and safe. The rhizotomy is definitely the best treatment for chronic pain. I have recommended to friends and associates for consultations at Pain Relief Centers Pinellas Park. Interim treatment is exceptional. I can now work at my computer 10 hours a day with little to no pain, a direct result from procedures at Pain Relief Center.

September 11th, 2012
KR
I have nothing but great things to say about Drs office staff, they have gone out of there way on many occasions to make sure I am well taken care of! I have a great personal relationship with Georgette, Sim, Martha. You all are GREAT A++

December 22nd, 2011
Pain Relief Centers has stopped the pain in my lower back and leg! Great Service!

May 17th, 2011
I cannot thank Dr. Friedman enough for the outstanding yet personal care I get here.