Dr. Charles Anderson Jr MD Patient Reviews

October 24th, 2016
Awsome Doctor
Brought both of my boys in to this world 8 and 4 years ago. Very compassionate and is willing to listen to your thoughts and needs.Not to mention he also delivered my nephew almost 19 years ago. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.

April 17th, 2016
Caring
Dr. Anderson is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever met. Takes the time for any questions. He diagnosed another concern I had, that my regular Family doctor felt was trivial. Wish more doctors would emulate this type of care.

January 10th, 2016
new mother
Dr Anderson stayed up all night to deliver my baby. He was not even on call, but he did not want to miss my delivery. Thank you Dr Anderson. I also want to say thank to his wife Shannel and his beautiful children who were working at the office this summer.

August 21st, 2015
Nice and friendly doctor
I have only seen Dr Anderson once. I found that he was friendly, nice, professional and took time to answer all of my questions.

March 23rd, 2015
Great bedside manner!

December 21st, 2014
nurse
Dr Anderson was always nice and helpful to me during my pregnancy. He always went the extra mile to take care of my high risk pregnancy because I had high blood pressure. He came in to take care of me on his weekend off, even though he was not on call. Thank you Dr. Anderson!

March 18th, 2014
Rushes and doesn't care much.
He is so quick to diagnose the worst. He will try to rush everything. Maybe some people like quick appointments with no questions asked, if you do, he's the doctor for you. You'll also like him if you enjoy your pregnancy treated with out-dated methods and examined with an ancient ultrasound machine. His nurse is rude as well.

February 8th, 2014
Although Dr. Anderson wasn't on call for the night I delivered, he still came in at 3 am to do my delivery. I was very pleased because I was also having a few complications. Without him, there may have been a negative outcome. I've been to a few other doctors but Dr. Anderson is by far my favorite so I will continue to use him.

February 6th, 2013
Good Doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Anderson since 1996. He has been a good doctor for me. On one appointment he noticed a black spot on my face and seemed concerned about it but I told him that I had already been to a dermatologist about it. I told Dr Anderson that the dermatologist had told me to come back in if it changed in any way. Dr. Anderson replied, "Well, this is just Dr Anderson talking, but why would you want to wait until it changes?!" With that remark, I grew a little concerned and decided to go to a different dermatologist and he was suspicious and took a biopsy. It was Melanoma!! I later told Dr Anderson that he may have saved my life! He is always friendly and usually spends as much time as necessary with me. Sometimes he has seemed in a hurry but if I have a question, I just ask! He will stop and give me an answer. I have been to four OB/GYN doctors in my life and Dr. Anderson is my favorite.

January 21st, 2013
Pitiful
If you read the other reviews you notice it is the same wording/person over and over again leaving reviews. Dr. Anderson is not a great physician he is old fashion and not up to date with the latest research. I have gone to Dr. Anderson for over a year since moving to Abilene but after learning how he leads his personal life I STRONGLY recommend going elsewhere. He is not the Godly/Christian man I would want taking care of me or my future children. I am appalled I even used him for the short time I did. He has no conscience and is a pitiful excuse for a physician, father and a man.

August 17th, 2012
Everytime the subject of Obstetricians comes up with friends or cooworkers or whomever i would always tell them that if i just lived closer i would only go to Dr. Anderson. I really appreciated his caring and understanding towards the moms who maybe weren't quite sure about the answers to their questions and he would always take the time or would find the answer and then get back in a timely manner with it. There is so much more to say but i will just leave this with you.

June 27th, 2012
Uncaring
I had Dr. Anderson while pregnant with my fourth child. I suppose because I had many children he expected me to know things and not have questions. But I did have questions, as it had been a few years and every pregnancy is different. Starting with my very first appointment, I told him I did not want to induce or get an epidural. This was something I mentioned pretty regularly. There was one appt in particular where I waited for nearly an hour before he came in the exam room. He was in the room all of 5 minutes or less and even managed to do an ultrasound in during those 5 minutes. I had to loudly say "Wait I have questions!" as he waltzed out the door. Once I got close to my due date, he started asking when I wanted to induce, which I had told him since the first appt and many times since that I did not want to induce. Each time I saw him after 38 weeks he would hint at wanting to induce. I ended up going til 41 weeks 6 days, when I agreed it would be okay to break my water. I was set to have my water broke on a Monday and had an appt with him the previous Friday. My blood pressure was "high" Like 132/90 ish (which really isnt that high nor something to be too concerned about)so he tried to convince me I should induce before Monday. But the soonest he could get me in was Sunday, a whole day before my already scheduled water breaking. I feel that Dr. Anderson wants the baby to be born on his terms, not when a woman and her baby are ready. Unfortunately, my baby had a fatal defect that was untreatable and unpreventable and undiagnosable prior to birth. She ended up needing to be airlifted to Dallas soon after birth. He would not authorize me to be released from the hospital to go be with my baby, so I had to leave against medical advice. My baby passed the day after she was born. When I went to my post partum check up, his nurse was very insensitively asking me questions about my child, even though she knew my baby passed and the info she was asking about should of been in my chart (weight, length, etc.) When I went into the exam room to see Dr. Anderson he says "So are you getting any sleep or is that baby keeping you up at night?" He knew my baby was airlifted, but didn't care enough to follow up and see whether or not she survived, yet somehow his nurse knew and didn't even tell him. I don't feel at all like I was a patient to Dr. Anderson. I feel like I was a paycheck.