Dr. Charles Garramone DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 7th, 2016
Great surgeon, poor after-care
I selected Dr.Garramone for my top surgery (double mastectomy) because I went with my friend when he had his done there and he had great results. Scheduling an appointment was no problem. The staff was very friendly over the phone when arranging everything and then in person. My wife and I had to wait about 2 hours for our pre-op appointment because apparently all the pre-op patients come in around the same time and Dr.G sees them in the order they arrived. The pre-op appointment was quick since I knew what to expect and didn't have any questions. The surgery center was great. All the nurses and staff there were fabulous! A week after the surgery I returned for my post-op appointment. I waited about 45 min to be seen. Dr.G said that everything looked great. He was rushed- he'd had a flat and so was late and there were many patients in line to be seen. He didn't say much else. Just went over the basic care instructions (xeroform, bacitracin, gauze pad, etc...) quickly as he re-covered my nipples. And that was it! We'd been told, and the after-care instructions said, that the nipples will look ugly and "slough off", but I didn't really know what that meant. There weren't any pictures in the after-care packet, which would be very helpful. So when my nipples started looking gross I tried to just shrug it off as being part of the process. Then, about a week after returning home to Texas, my right nipple (not the areola, the center part) came off with the xeroform! I freaked out! We called dr.G right away and left a message on his emergency cell. We waited. Then we tried calling the office several times and didn't get an answer. It was a looong afternoon. Finally we got a hold of Dr.G. I felt like his attitude was that we were bothering him and he wasn't helpful at all. Basically he said, "I'm sorry. well this happens sometimes. Just keep doing what you're doing ". I was worried about a possible infection and asked him if I should see a doctor. Dr. G was like, "yeah. Well, maybe go see your regular doctor tomorrow cause I can't do anything from here". And neither he or even someone from his office ever contacted us again! I had e-mailed pics of my nipples the day before when I was worried about how they looked. Well, he hadn't even seen them. So, I told him about them and that I'd send a pic of the one that had the nipple fall off that day. I thought he'd look at it and let me know what he thought about how it looked, how the other nipple looked, and how the areolas looked (cause at this point I was worried they'd come off too) but I never heard anything from him or his office again! I ended up having to find a plastic surgeon near where I live (who also does top surgery, but I didn't know of before). This surgeon took me on as an after-care patient. He gave me a completely different set of care instructions and wrote several prescriptions for things to help with healing and reduce scarring. Following these new after-care instructions, my nipples improved greatly within a couple of days! Dr. G is an excellent surgeon, but his patient care just sucked.

January 28th, 2015
Excellent surgeon. Available for consults & emergencies.

December 13th, 2014
There is no one better!

June 5th, 2013
Dr G.
He was really nice and we ended up having a chat about the NHL at my pre op appointment. So happy with the results. Can't fault him. Did have to wait a bit for my first appointment but only because I had to fill out loads of paperwork and stuff but apart from that he was pretty prompt. Really nice guy and all his office staff are lovely as well. Would definitely reccommend him!

January 14th, 2012
Best of the Best
Dr. Garramone and his staff are truly the best at what they do. They are very informative and reachable pre-op and post-op. I would highly recommend his service, and thoroughly appreciate his bedside manner and professionalism. If you want the best, Dr. G is the surgeon to go to.

August 24th, 2011
Happy With My Boob Job
Dr. Garramone was excellent and now I am planning to go back for liposuction. I have confidence in his work.

July 1st, 2011
FTM Top Surgery
Dr. Garramone and his staff are amazing. They were very patient and responsive to my questions and led me through the experience of having top surgery from start to finish. I traveled from Maine to have my surgery and the contact I had prior to coming down put me completely at ease and it continued with my arrival in their office and throughout the surgery. The follow up has been wonderful as well. I am extremely pleased with the experience. I also wanted to note for other transmen that I had huge breasts--44DDD and Dr. Garramone did a fantastic job with removing them. I highly recommend him and the surgical center to other transmen. The surgical center was so kind and respectful--from the lady running the reception area, to the billing staff, and pre-op nurses. The surgical team was outstanding and the recovery nurse was an angel. Dr. Garramone really is providing a true service to the transgender community and I feel blessed that I choose him as my doctor.

June 6th, 2011
This guy is the Best!
Having Dr. G as my surgeon was a five star experience. I didnt wait long for office visits. Bridgett his office manager is an angel. I was treated by everyone with kindness and respect. From office staff to surgical center and their employees. The work that was performed was outstanding!

June 3rd, 2011
Dr. Garramone and staff were always professional and respectful of my needs and concerns.

May 25th, 2011
He is the BEST!
I have only great things to say about Dr. G and his staff. They have changed my life! He is the best surgeon for trans guys, and had patients from all over the world at his office when I visited. There is no better doctor than Dr. G! My results are fantastic!

May 19th, 2011
FTM Top Surgery
This Dr only does a good nipple job on certain women. I chose this him for reviews on youtube clients and count on outstanding job after consult with him what I wanted perfect round nipples and nips. Results were very small oval nipples with no nips. Dr did ver little marking especially after going over nipple size and shape. I felt like I wasted my time and money taking off work, paying for airfares and hotel all for a lousy FTM Top surgery; Dr was short with me at post-op.

July 9th, 2010
Exceptional Doctor
My overall experience with Dr. Garramone was excellent. He is very professional,skillful,dependable, supportive, and kind. He provides extraordinary services and responsible follow-up's. Dr. Garramone is highly skilled and extremely ethical. He has a very pleasant demeanor with a relaxed and confident disposition.His staff is equally skillful and very courteous,warm,and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Garramone and his staff to anyone!