Dr. Charles Gatto MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017
Outstanding Doctor. saved e from being parylized

May 6th, 2017
Bad surgery
Bad surgery. Had a fusion and then had to have two more operations

September 23rd, 2016
Full of himself, dismissive. Diagnosed arthritis of cervical spine without benefit of any diagnostic testing/workup. I begged for MRI to confirm his diagnosis, and a PT or pain management referral for the pain I was experiencing. He refused and walked out on me. I later had a complete workup and subsequent 2 level discectomy and fusion for herniated discs by a competent neurosurgeon.

August 3rd, 2016
normal again
Took time to explain my condition and what to expect after surgery. I now have my life back and was very pleased with Dr Gatto and his office staff especially his physicians assistant Sarah.

May 30th, 2016
Worst doctor in the world
I will never recommend dr gatto to anyone he is clearly the worst doctor in the world look at other reviews my expiriance with him personally was absolutely horrific don't go to this doctor he thinks everyone is a liar only wanting money talks in his recorder cares nothing for his patients has no humanity dr gatto is just awful

May 15th, 2016
my screws loosened and had to have big revision. H said it never happens but spoke to women in waiting room who said same thing happened to her. I have never been the same.

April 6th, 2016
Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Gatto and the help he provided me

May 26th, 2015
I wouldn't recommend Dr. Gatto to my worst enemy. I came in with a clear problem, a diagnosis and MRIs. He made me wait close to 2 hours to see him then spent the entire "appointment" talking into his stupid recorder. He wouldn't even let me talk. He told me to do PT and injections which I've been doing for 4 years to no avail and then he just left the room. He's cocky, arrogant and makes you feel like your worthless. I was warned to not see him and didn't listen. I hope others will listen to me. This Dr is horrendous

March 20th, 2015
Waste of time
Went to dr Gatto for second opinion and he convinced me to do another month of therapy. After that was a waste of time he told me what the first doc told me. He now wanted me to book the surgery with him. I told him to jump in a lake and went back to first doctor an booked my surgery. All I can say to Gatto is REALLY. are you that desperate for work that touched to con me into another wasted month of therapy.

March 5th, 2015
Excellent Spinal Surgeon

February 8th, 2015
Excellent surgeon! Could not be more pleased with his care of my injury.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we enjoy hearing from our patients. Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care!

November 23rd, 2013
Return to My Life
Dr. Gatto was amazing and no-nonsense. He very quickly sent me for a spinal CAT Scan, not an MRI. He was the final of over 19 doctors I went to and his help was immediate.No patronizing, no inferring that I needed more PT, just mature and appropriate help.I was very scared, after two previous spinal surgeries and now being a Type 1 diabetic. He put hardware in the lumbar area of my spine and during surgery discovered that my first fusion in 1997 never healed. Shortly after the surgery in 1997, I was diagnosed with TYPE 1 diabetes. The original doctor said "oh, thats too bad". My first surgery kept me dibilated for 5 months. With this surgery, I was able to drive in 8 days. Not far and with the aid of a brace, but regained my independence much more quickly. He gave me back my life and the ability to walk, exercise and take care of myself. The best news of all if that I do not have to take paind meds and spend most of my time laying on the floor.