General Practitioners, Internist

13301 N Dale Mabry Hwy
Ste A
Tampa, FL 33618
585-589-0146
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Very bad experience  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2014

Treated very poorly by office staff and by doctor on more than one occasion. Left very dissatisfied.

by LanieMe on Dec 6th, 2013

I booked this appointment not only last minute, but also with lots of ease with his staff. Dr. Gelia is both very professional but personable at the same time. This was my first visit with him, and he was very thorough in my assessment and asking questions for better understanding of my health. He spent a good amount of time with me because I'm one of those stubborn people that have numerous questions and concerns haha. Even so, he happily answered all my questions with no frustration. What surprised me the most was when he, himself, ensured that the all tests and medications that he ordered were covered by my insurance. I'll be looking forward to following up with him!

|  Lots of billing mistakes and extra charges  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2013

I like Dr Gelia BUT as other reviews have stated, the office staff leaves much to be desired. They mess up the billing to the insurance company nearly every time and then it's a hassle to get it all straightened out. If you open your mouth about ANYTHING to Dr Gelia while you are there, you will get charged extra on top of your co-pay. If you are overweight - it will cost you more, If he asks if you drink (even if you don't drink) it will cost you more etc. etc. This last time they said they did all kinds of 'annual screenings' which were of course weren't covered by insurance and not actually done either. The office staff is not helpful at all in getting these resolved. I think they like to try and soak the insurance for all they can. But, then when the insurance doesn't pay, the patient gets socked for the bill. I am generally healthy and just go in about 2 times a year for checkups etc. Expect your visit to cost a lot more than your co-pay!!!

|  Terrible Office Staff  |  show details
by health care professional on Mar 20th, 2013

I have recently left Dr. Gelia's care due to the poor attitudes and professionalism of his front office staff. I was an infrequent visitor to his office but three of the four visits I made to his office resulted in lengthy waits caused by the inefficiency of his staff. Dr. Gelia is a funny intelligent doctor but his supporting cast is weak.

|  Best PCP ever!  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

Dr. Gelia is extremely knowledgeable in his field. We appreciate the fact that he communicates in a manner that is understanding, not over our heads with medical terminology. Very personable.

Jul 25th, 2012

I love this guy, been going to him almost my whole life. He's funny and smart and always in a good mood. Really seems to care about his patients, always gets it right, and plays it safe with medicine and rest so that you don't get sick again! Love him

Dec 10th, 2011

As the other complaint stated, his office staff is horrbile, rude, and they talk about other patients when they leave in front of other patients. Numorus times I have heard them talking about a patient's condition with name included after they walk out of the office. Its a major HIPPA violation. I have spoken to Dr. Gelia about it and he says he is "working on it". He is great, informative an very caring. I won't change dr's because of how he is, but his staff needs some re-adjusting

|  office staff  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

I am not very happy with the office staff. I called the office and Ms Sandy could not understand what I was asking for so I ask to speak to someone else and Ms. Karry got on the phone and started saying that I called ms Sandy stupid and not to insult the office staff. I told her I did not call any one stupid that i ask to speak to someone else becasue she did not understand me and that I am insulted not for being accused of saying something i didnt say. This not the first time I am rudely treated but over all the service I recieve from the doctor himself has been great with me and my family. Not with the staff.