Charles B Goodwin MD Patient Reviews

November 11th, 2016
Dr. Goodwin performed Anterior Cervical Discectomy Fusion surgery a few years ago. I can unequivocally say that I have all of my strength and all of my mobility back! From our first meeting , Dr. Goodwin and his staff were attentive, thorough and incredibly helpful . This included help understanding the procedure itself to making sure my insurance would cover what I needed! People find it hard to believe that I had this surgery given how active I am!

October 31st, 2016
He fixed my back
I only have good things to say about Dr. Goodwin. My wife and I liked him from the start. I was working with a short time frame and the second opinion I received was in line with what he told us. He performed the the operation and I am well on the road to recovery. He has a great bedside manner and at the same time is very professional. Plus the hospital staff at HSS speaks highly of him.

October 4th, 2016
If you need an orthopedic surgeon look no further
I've been dealing with a sore back most of my adult life. Just recently it escalated suddenly to a point where I could no longer stand. A friend recommended Dr. Goodwin to me. I called his office on a Friday and his office got me his first appointment of the week at 6:45am Tuesday morning. After meeting with him he scheduled an MRI for later that day as well as a follow up appointment for the following day. After viewing my scans he scheduled me that Friday for emergency spinal surgery at The Hospital for Special Surgery. I basically crawled into the hospital in the morning and walked out later that evening. I was very easy to find my way around at the hospital. The check in process took about 10 minutes. Although I was in tremendous pain the hospital staff made me as comfortable as possible. Dr. Goodwin put me at ease from the moment I met him. The surgery went extremely well. In 8 hours time I went from being not able to stand to walking under my own power. Most people nowadays complain about not getting the attention they feel they deserve from their doctor. Dr. Goodwin answered every question I had and took the time to make sure I was comfortable. I can not be more satisfied with the entire experience. I would give my highest recommendation to Dr. Charles Goodwin, his entire staff & the Hospital for Special Surgery.

September 13th, 2016
2 Level Anterior fusion and discectomy
My follow-up appointment with Dr. Goodwin resulted with great news concerning my anterior cervical fusion at 2 levels, the cervical bones that needed to fuse are solid and I am consistently improving. Pain and numbness has subsided and I am doing "everyday things" and more without pain. I am continually grateful for my continued improvements! Dr. Goodwin his staff Shira and John, affiliates Dr. David Kutler MD and Dr. Christine Dougherty DPT are all top notch in their fields.

September 13th, 2016
Daniel Preisel Surgery on 9-8-16
Dr Goodwin and his staff at his office in Massapequa and at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan are top notch. They were all so caring to my 17 yr old son who needed a microdiscectomy. The hospital was absolutely immaculate and the staff did not know what else to do to alleviate our anxiety about the surgery. Dr Goodwin gave us hope that my son would not have permanency from his injury and the problem resolved immediately following surgery. I would not have trusted any other surgeon with my son. Dr Goodwin was highly recommended to us and we know we made the right decision.

May 1st, 2016
I had severe pain at lower back; couldn't walk a block without stopping and leaning against a building or tree; and after the surgery by Charley Goodwin, I've never had any further problem with my back.

March 11th, 2016
Dr. Goodwin 2 level Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
I am fortunate and grateful for being one of Dr. Goodwin's patients. I am just over one month post surgery and feeling great with a tremendous amount confidence that I will continue to improve! I don't think my surgical experience could of been handled any better. Dr. Goodwin's confidence, expertise and kindness were paramount in making the decision to have surgery. Additionally, Dr. Goodwin's office staff has a no nonsense approach. Shira navigated through the insurance process with expertise and then I was quickly contacted by John regarding a pre-op evaluation date and my surgery date. I am very fortunate being surrounded by Dr. Goodwin and his staff throughout my treatment and care. Thank you for all you do.

February 10th, 2016
I had L-5 -S-1 fusion. Dr Goodwin and his staff were phenomenal from start to finish. Handling insurance. Handling my family. Handling all my needs and questions. He is the best. His staff is the best and I am healing and feeling great.

February 1st, 2016
shoulder surgery
great communications ,in 2 shorts months im feeling great

December 17th, 2015
Dr.Charles Goodwin
Dr.Goodwin is the best! He performed major surgery on my neck and lower back. I can now walk and get a good night sleep with out taking pain meds! I now have my life back because of Dr.Charles Goodwin! His secretary Shira knows her job and is a great asset to Dr Goodwin.

December 12th, 2015
Meniscus repair with excellent results. Dr. Goodwin and Hospital for Special Surgery care is truly the best!

December 2nd, 2015
This Doctor has your back!
Dr Goodwin fixed an unbelievably difficult situation in my lumbar region. I seriously don't think any other Dr. could have come up with the results on my back that he did. Over nine hours in the OR. I am so grateful to have connected with a man of his skills and understanding. Thank you so much for giving me my life back.