Charles Goodwin Is this you?

Have you seen Charles Goodwin?

Donn Pozan

Posted on November 17th, 2017

Great Surgeon and a winning combination with HSS to get me through 4 vertebrae fusion surgery. Strongly believe that with Dr Goodwin's care, I will make a full recovery and back on golf course in a few months.

Professional, Capable, No BS

Posted on November 16th, 2017

Dr Goodwin operated on my father twice.....both times were a success. My father doesn't speak English; despite the language barrier, dad fealt comfortable enough to move forward with the operations.

Excellent Experience

Posted on September 27th, 2017

I was able to see Dr. Goodwin on short notice for a second opinion and decided to ask him to do my surgery. At my initial appointment I witnessed a friendly caring surgeon come to the waiting room to greet his next patient. He interacted on a personal level and quickly put his patients at ease. I commented to his office manager that I liked the guy even before seeing him! We went over my recent MRI, showed me where he felt the problem existed and assured me he was confident I would be pain free post surgery. Post surgery visit was with Dr. Goodwin, not a PA or NP, full review, explanation and confidence builder 10 days post surgery. Office manager, Shira, was personable, accommodating and encouraging. Excellent experience and very grateful for his skills.

Great Doctor in so many ways

Posted on September 26th, 2017

My story is a short one, I had back pain for many months but thought it was a muscle issue and after many months of suffering I started to lose the use of my right leg. Finally I went to see a chiropractor on a Thursday morning who tested the reflex in my right leg and saw something was wrong. He sent me for an MRI that day and I was informed that I had a herniated disk pressing on a nerve and needed immediate attention I was advised to see Dr Goodwin. After doing some research and seeing he was a conservative Dr.(meaning he wasn't one to rush to surgery but would try other possibilities first) I went to see him. He saw the MRI and said I needed surgery nothing else would work. He saw my pain he also saw the damage being done to my nerve and the following Monday I was operated on at 7:00 PM yes PM and on my way home by 11 PM. This amazing doctor went that far out of his way to help me. Is there anything more to say, this is a compassionate professional man at the top of his game. I was feeling better as soon as I woke up in recovery and have been getting better and better by the day. If he treats you half as good as he did me you are in the best hands possible. I will be recommending him to all my friends and clients. John De George

All about the Benjamin's

Posted on August 25th, 2017

Want to do radical back surgery, pressured me when I refused. Had a minimally invasive procedure with still good results 5 years afterward

Posted on August 22nd, 2017

Dr Goodwin operated on my brothers back. He had a procedure that was developed by Dr Goodwin. He is a brilliant surgeon who maintains a good bedside manner.

Great Physician, Surgeon and Person

Posted on August 16th, 2017

Dr. Goodwin is the best! He not only is an excellent surgeon, but he is also very informative, shows patience, and has bedside manners that all physicians should have. I base this on experience, having had several surgeries with different physicians. I recently had an L4. L5 decompression and fusion with graft, rods and screws. I was in HSS for the surgery, and released less than 48 hours post the procedure.I never had to have any morphine for the pain, just a bit of hydrocodone, and I was on Tylenol a week following surgery. Follow-up appointments are with Dr. Goodwin and not just a PA. Please see Dr. Goodwin, you will be glad you did, and if you are already speaking with another Doctor, visit him for a second opinion. Joe Labriola

Posted on July 25th, 2017

Dr. Goodwin recommended a discectomy rather than a spinal fusion as I had been told I should have. I was very pleasantly surprised that he suggested less is more, and to not do more than necessary. I am 11 weeks post-op and feel great!!

Quality of Life Restored

Posted on July 24th, 2017

I had been suffering with severe leg/buttock pain for over three years and had tried various medications, injections and therapies before coming to the conclusion that surgery was going to be the only permanent source of relief. I was referred to Dr. Goodwin by my primary care physician and met with him immediately. Being 80 years old, I was very apprehensive about the idea of spinal surgery, the risks involved and the recovery that would follow. After my initial meeting with Dr. Goodwin I felt completely comfortable and confident that I could actually pull through this much dreaded spinal fusion and decompression. The surgery went very well, the recovery had its challenges but now my pain is completely gone. I am now in my third month of recovery and am getting back to my normal life through regular physical therapy with no pain medications necessary. Dr. Goodwin has a very sincere, confident, and kind manner about him when interacting with a patient and I always feel completely at ease when asking any question or expressing a concern. His office staff has also been extremely helpful and available throughout the stressful surgery process. I am very grateful to Dr. Goodwin for finally eliminating the daily pain and limitations that I had been experiencing for the past few years and now can look forward to all my active and pain free years ahead! I would highly recommend Dr. Goodwin to anyone who experiencing debilitating pain that has affected the quality of their life.

Didn't get to see the doctor but the Staff is Great

Posted on July 24th, 2017

I called to schedule an appointment for my daughter, as an emergency, and the doctor was out of town. After taking all of my information the secretary informed me that a: he didn't treat her problem and b: he was out of town. I explained she needed immediate care and the secretary took all of my info and made some calls. She called me back 20 minutes later w/ an appointment for my daughter later that morning and my daughter surgery 2 days later. I am forever grateful. I don't know her name but she was kind and helpful. If I should have a back issue my first call would be to this office.

Recommend Highly

Posted on July 20th, 2017

Performed micro-spine surgery. Relieved sciatica pain that I had for four months. Non-invasive methods failed. Hope to get back to full activities soon.

Sciatic pain gone

Posted on July 14th, 2017

I had severe sciatic pain and numbness in my right leg that remained even after trying to find relief through physical therapy, and acupuncture. I was aware of Dr. Goodwin's incredible reputation through numerous friends who had excellent results after he operated on them. That's the reason my husband selected him to fuse his spine last year. I knew I was in good hands, and I was not disappointed. Even his staff are outstanding. I walked out of the hospital with absolutely all pain gone. The operation was 2 weeks ago and I'm feeling great.