Dr. Charles Harzke MD Patient Reviews

• 14 reviews

April 18th, 2016
He birthed my youngest, and has been my OB for the past four years or so. He is AWESOME!!

December 18th, 2015
Excellent physician
I can't say enough about how great a physician Dr Harzke is! For the first time in my adult life I found a doctor I felt completely comfortable with. He takes his time during your visit, makes you feel import, and has an impeccable bedside manner! San Angelo is lucky to have him.

June 22nd, 2014
he is awesome
He is awesome. He has delivered two of my kids. The first kid of mine he delivered had bilateral cleft lip and palate and I was by my self at that appointment and it was taking everything in me not to cry and he looked at me and said don't worry everything will be ok we will take good care of you and your son and he made a joke to make me feel better he said at least hes a boy he can grow a mustache to cover up the scare. he is always nice and carring and never rushes me and makes jokes all the time. his nurse is awesome and very nice both deliveries went great and I would definetly recommend him to someone else

August 12th, 2013
Excellent Doctor But...
First off let me say that Dr. Harzke is amazing! He is so nice and friendly and really listens to your questions and concerns. Also his nurse is so friendly and nice as well! My experience was awesome UNTIL I had to talk to his receptionist. She is one of the rudest people I've ever met. She clearly doesn't like her job. She just makes me feel like my questions are stupid and when I call I'm just annoying her. Everything would have been perfect if it waant for her attitude. So please don't let her rudeness stop yoy from a amazing doctor! He truely is the best!

October 18th, 2012
Saw Dr. Harzke for annual exam; am a new patient. Very professional, spent time with me, not hurried or rushed, was recommended to him by my primary care physician. Nurses are great. Am so glad he's my ob/gyn!

July 23rd, 2012
Misdiagnosed serious illness. TERIBLE GYN!!
Saw him 1 year ago for a gynecological problem. He did not perform an internal exam, only poked at my parts! The failure of a proper internal exam exam led to him missing that I have a serious chronic illness. He simply diagnosed me with "pain." He rolled his eyes at me when I told him my concerns and told me it was impossible that I had the problem I had (again, didn't even perform a proper exam, so how would he know?). I do NOT recommend him to anyone!! A terrible gynecologist. His misdiagnosis of me, his clear lack of medical knowledge, and his terrible bedside manner made me understand in hindsight why it was so easy to get an appointment with him - nobody wants to go to him!! Do NOT use this doctor if you have a medical problem.

September 23rd, 2011
When I went into his office for my second visit before surgery, I had a sheet full of questions... I am talking notebook paper, he answered every one of my questions. He did not rush me or breeze past any of them. I am very thankful he was recommended to me. I have recommended him to my sister and mother.

February 25th, 2011
I am impressed!
It is hard to find a doctor who will tell you like it is and also have a caring persona as well. I am 38, pregnant and am very happy with the treatment and knowledge Dr. Harzke brings. He understands my concerns, gives me all the info I need to make informed decisions and is cheerful to be around. I am very happy with Dr. Hazke and all his staff. Congrats to Erin on her newborn!!

August 4th, 2010
The worst OB!
I really doubt WHO wrote those GOOD comments below. Harzke was the worst doctor I had ever met! I reported my problems to him but he did not take them seriously. I lost my baby girl because of his mistakes! Don't take the risk with him!

July 28th, 2010
I was so scared!
I was scheduled for an induction early in the morning. Dr. Harzke came in and checked me and made sure I was fine. I was in labor all day and then found out I was going to have to do a c-section. I am scared of needles. Dr. Harzke knew how scared I was and he came over and was patting my shoulder telling me how it was all going to be ok. That meant alot because he knew I was very scared and wanted to let me know that it was all going to be ok, and it did make me feel better. Also he told the nurses I was scared of needles so that they were prepared and I was glad that they took extra special care of me!

April 1st, 2010
He misread my lab report!
This guy does not have beside manner. He does not take time to talk to you when you need to. He misread my lab report and misdiagnosed my problem. He asked me to take medication that I did not need to!

February 28th, 2010
He was not a responsible doctor. He was my ob when I was pregnant. I went to the ER because I was bleeding. The nurse called him at least twice, but he did not come until 6 hours later. Everything was late!