Dr. Charles Herbst MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

December 28th, 2014
Arrogant and Rude
The rudest Doctor I have ever encountered. Very arrogant. Have been getting treatments for RA that were helping greatly from a doctor that was the best I could ask for.This Doctor decides to not offer the same medicine. In severe pain and looking for new doctor. Will not go back.

August 29th, 2014
Relief
Me and my husband went here for the first time 3 months ago because I had an elevated ANA count and the Dr's in NY thought I had Lupus. My husband and I talked with this Dr and were pleased to find out that I probably have Psoriatic Arthritis. I am allergic to sulfur medicine so I was unable to take what is advertised on t.v. was prescribed a medicine and the swelling in my knee has gone down and am having little to no pain in it anymore. Love this Dr. Very nice and did listen to me and my husband and explained everything to us.

August 22nd, 2014
Fails to follow up my condition,
Flare up with RA, Changed meds that caused me to be so sick that I had to go to hospital with acute kidney failure. Was told by office to keep on the new meds, which made me sicker. Never called in a month to see how the new meds were helping me. No compassion for my health, which has to do with autoimmunity and/or RA. Very dissatisified with the whole ordeal, going to different doctor to try to get my health back.

October 18th, 2013
Doesn't listen
Brought my records from my previous Dr. who found a remedy for my situation quickly. This Dr was unable/unwilling to review the information that I had to get because their office couldn't figure out how to obtain the records from another state. Three visits and still he can't figure it out. I have better things to waste my money on than poor service. And since this Dr was chosen for me, not by me their office policy is to not let you see anyone else in their office once you are saddled with a Dr who can't get the job done.

June 20th, 2013
For over ten years, Dr. Herbst has successfully treated my condition with patience and compassion. He is willing spend time answering questions, always pleasant & has certainly improved my condition.

September 3rd, 2010
Probably a good doctor to visit if your primary problem is Rhuemotoid Arthritis. Unwilling to research and better educate himself on uncommon diseases or conditions. Doesn't like when patient conducts their own research and actually advised me to not do so over the Internet for fear of getting bad information.