Dr. Charles Hickey MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Columbus, OH

April 20th, 2017
I always feel comfortable and know dr. Hickey is there for me and is ready to answer any questions. I recommend to others and know he is the greatest. Treats you like family.

July 29th, 2016
I started going to Dr Hickey in the 80's every year because a lot of my family members went to him. Glaucoma runs in our family and he was treating some of them. I moved to Florida for 18 years, returning to Ohio in 2011. I went to a closer ophthalmologist the first year but have returned to Dr Hickey every year since. The other doctor was OK but the doctor never took the time to talk to me. I was moved from room to room to be tested by technicians, who treated me just as patient #100 for the day. Dr Hickey has technicians who move you from room to room for testing as well. But they were much more social and seemed to take a more personal approach to interacting with the patients. Dr Hickey came in and went over every test that had been done with me as well as doing his own exam. He provided me an opportunity to ask his questions and took the time to answer them.I will continue to go to Dr Hickey until I can no longer drive the 60 or some miles from my house to his office. A wonderful person and one of the best ophthalmologists you'll ever find.

August 31st, 2015
Great job!

October 7th, 2013
I must be missing something...
I chose this Dr. for my wife after a lot of research, review reading etc. Well, her visit did not meet our expectations that's for sure. This Dr. was very impersonal and extremely brief in seeing her. T assistants did much more for her. He must of physically seen / spoke with her for about 2 - 5 min tops. The prognosis did not help either. We are currently seeking a second opinion.

October 23rd, 2012
Good Doctor
I saw several doctors about my eyes watering constantly and their responses ranged from telling me I needed surgery to replace my ducts to use eye drops. Dr. Hickey suspected something else and had me tested for Graves disease, specifically graves ophthalmopathy and he was right, that was the problem. Muscles behind my eyes were swelling causing the watering problem. His correct diagnosis allowed me to then see a specialist who has now guided my recovery for the past two years.