Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

1177 Rock Springs Rd
Suite 120
Smyrna, TN 37167
(615) 223-6200
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.6206896551724 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.5862068965517 of 4 stars
 |  patient  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2014

horrible md and staff

Sep 26th, 2011

very caring doctor, very pleased with dr. & staff,i would highly recomend him to anyone with with neck & back pain.

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

Dr. Hilgenhurst is a true professional that cares. I have been seeing him for three years through multiple surgeries. He basically knows my pain level as soon as he sees me. I would hate to think of going through what I have in the past few years without him. Other doctors could learn from him on how to treat people. His staff is top notch and also caring.

Jan 22nd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Hilgenhurst for over a year now. He is an excellent Dr, his stall is the best. He always takes the time you need for explaining my diagnosis and when will be the next option of treatment. He is very caring and understanding. I have multiply issues and he has been very through with everything. I would highly recommend Dr.Hilgenhurst.

|  The Doctor that cares  |  show details
by H Rowland on Jan 21st, 2011

When I first came to this office I wasn't sure what to exprct in the way of pain relief. Doctor H. took his time listened to my every concern and treayed me accordingly. With each followup visit he confirmed the course of treatment and increased or decreased the medication as needed. I feel as though he cares about ME not just my condition. I would recommend he to anyone in pain. And have on several occasions

|  Back, Hip and leg pain  |  show details
by John R. Walker on Jan 21st, 2011

Dr Hilgenhurst is a great doctor. After having four back surgeries he has greatly miniumized my pain level with different nerve blocks and epidurals.I have recommend him to all my friends who have pain issues.

|  Benny Farrar  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I was in alot of pain before i met dr. hilgenhurst,lots of doctors told me there was nothing they could do,they were wrong.

|  A Truely dedicated Doctor and Staff  |  show details
by Kathy Scott on Jan 19th, 2011

I have been extremely impressed with my care from Dr Hilgenhurst and his entire staff. He is always working to find the cause and proper treatment of my condition. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a professional pain clinic. They do Not take people seeking pain meds, they treat people with verifiable medical conditions who have Real pain.

by Minnie R. Patton on Jan 19th, 2011

He's very professional. seems to know exactly what he's doing. he gets the job done. The staff is very professional except the receptionist. most of his patients are in great pain when they arrive, and I don't like the silly joking that she thinks is funny.

|  Great staff and care  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

I have had problems with many of my doctors over the years. This staff really cares about your health and not just a payment. They have helped me out as I get older and fall apart more. Thank you all for the help and respect you have given me. It has really made a difference.

Jan 19th, 2011

I am always treated with respect and concern, listened to and my input is taken into consideration when my treatment plan needs to be "tweeked". I feel I can talk WITH Dr.Hilgenhurst & his staff instead of being talked "TO". This, along with his knowledge & experience make him my only choice in providers for pain management.

Jan 19th, 2011

I don't know what I would have done had I not found him. I saw so many doctors before him that just treated me as though I were seeking medication. Dr. Hilgenhust listened and kept looking until he found the cause of my pain.I finally now have relief and am on my way to healing...he really has change my life.

|  I have always been treated with care and respect  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

Everyone in the office is very professional, kind and caring. Dr Hilgenhurst is very kind and thorough. Takes all the time I need and answers all my questions. Dr. Carroll is a very caring and gives me shots in my knees that don't hurt! He also has a great beside manner.

Mar 24th, 2010

Office staff rude! Loud and Laughing the whole time i was in there waiting over three hours total. He needs to hire a professional front person who can keep something as simple as appts straight.

|  The best there is.  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

After several doctors and many failed attempt of trying to get my pain under control Dr. Hilgenhurst has been the blessing I needed. My pain before was an 8 or 9 most days, now it is rarely more than a 2. His staff is pleasant well informed and sympathetic. I only wish I had found this practice sooner.

|  Lori Hoyt  |  show details
by L. Hoyt on Jan 7th, 2010

Excellent care, 100% accuracy with management of pain.