Dr. Charles Hilgenhurst MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Murfreesboro, TN

• Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2017
I have been lead to a doctor who has my best interest at heart!
Dr. Hilgenhurst listens, cares, and goes out of his way to help me while still be conservative and careful when medicating. And he is personally fit and funny!

June 25th, 2015
He spends all his time on the computer. I don't think he even knows what I look like after being his patient for several years. He used to be much better but since he has been trying to expand his practice it's been down hill and he has a huge staff turn over. When I first started going there they were nice and got to know the patients but now every time I go there are new people working there and they are becoming less and less professional. During one of my procedures he was more concerned with his corvette getting fixed than helping me.

December 19th, 2014
Very happy so far, don't feel pressured but I feel like I'm in good hands!

December 5th, 2014
At first I was impressed
When I first starting see Dr. Hilgenhurst he seemed to really care & understand & worked to get pain level under control with different medicine until he found the dosage, but now everytime I go I never see him & the last several times there is a whole new staff working there?! That is kind of a red flag?! What's going on & the staff out front & they are not caring & seem to not care about anything! I have not seen the same nurse since I first started going about 4 years & since I haven't seen dr hilgenhurst, I seen about three new nurse helpers, I feeling like nobody cares about my health when I cannot even see the same person that knows my situation? I feel very confused on why everyone has left?

September 12th, 2014
Patient Beware!
From personal My experience I'll say this. Go to any other Pain doctor. I had injections, neurofrequecy. I'm positive they didn't put any sedation in iv nor any local anaesthetic. I felt every needle stick of that 25 gauge needle. I was crying and screaming for him to stop, that I was hurting. He told me to hold still. I felt a painful tingle down to my toes. After they unrestrained me my right side to my feet was numb. With help from another patients son or grandson I could barely walk to my ride waiting for me. I didn't have shots again for two years. He never ran any nerve test. Only mri . He gave me info for spinal cord stimulator after 5 yrs. If I'd had this trial the first year instead of just medication I possibly would not have scoliosis, tear & severe neuropathy. I can barely walk due to incomplete diagnosis and treatment.

February 19th, 2014
patient
horrible md and staff

September 26th, 2011
very caring doctor, very pleased with dr. & staff,i would highly recomend him to anyone with with neck & back pain.

September 23rd, 2011
Best of the Best
Dr. Hilgenhurst is a true professional that cares. I have been seeing him for three years through multiple surgeries. He basically knows my pain level as soon as he sees me. I would hate to think of going through what I have in the past few years without him. Other doctors could learn from him on how to treat people. His staff is top notch and also caring.

January 22nd, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Hilgenhurst for over a year now. He is an excellent Dr, his stall is the best. He always takes the time you need for explaining my diagnosis and when will be the next option of treatment. He is very caring and understanding. I have multiply issues and he has been very through with everything. I would highly recommend Dr.Hilgenhurst.

January 21st, 2011
The Doctor that cares
When I first came to this office I wasn't sure what to exprct in the way of pain relief. Doctor H. took his time listened to my every concern and treayed me accordingly. With each followup visit he confirmed the course of treatment and increased or decreased the medication as needed. I feel as though he cares about ME not just my condition. I would recommend he to anyone in pain. And have on several occasions

January 21st, 2011
Back, Hip and leg pain
Dr Hilgenhurst is a great doctor. After having four back surgeries he has greatly miniumized my pain level with different nerve blocks and epidurals.I have recommend him to all my friends who have pain issues.

January 20th, 2011
Benny Farrar
I was in alot of pain before i met dr. hilgenhurst,lots of doctors told me there was nothing they could do,they were wrong.