Dr. Charles Schwartz MD Patient Reviews

January 3rd, 2016
If the doctor worked else where I'd follow him, but becuase of his support staff I'm leaving him
I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed meeting you and working with you but I'm leaving the practice. I didn't want to do so without saying good bye to you because my husband and I really liked you a lot. ( I don't know any other way to reach you outside the practice!) Unfortunately your support staff more than let us down on more than one occasion so we no longer feel comfortable bringing our daughter in to your practice. Should you ever leave that location please let us know we'd be more than happy to bring both our children to you in a different setting. Thanks -mother

May 24th, 2013
Amazing docor
I was surprised at the review that was stated below. Dr. schwartz has treated my family with a caring bedside manner. He returns his phone call personally. He could not be a kinder physician and person.

February 14th, 2012
Excellent pediatrician and excellent staff
With three kids between 7 and 14 years old...and after three years of having them treated by Dr. Schwartz and clinical care team at PennCare for Kids, I can honestly say they are the best. From routine well-visits to more urgent needs -when time was of the essence, Dr. Schwartz and company have been attentive, proactive, personal and excellent. You won't see me rating everyone this way...so thank you Dr. Schwartz for being a consistent and trusted source for my precious family.

November 14th, 2011
Dr. Charles Schwartz
I was and am very put off by his condescending attitude that I have received over the past few years that I have had my children at this practice. I finally am removing them from the practice. My 4 yr old was in two weeks ago with fevers, vomiting, stomach pains and extreme headache. I was concerned about meningitis and/or strep throat, but because my son did not have the typical symptom of "red tonsils with white spots", Dr. Schwartz said it couldn't be strep. And he made me feel stupid when I mentioned my concern about meninigitis. He even went as far to say that he had received several calls over the weekend with the same symptoms...it simply was a bug. We were in the office 6 min. A week later, I developed strep. I should have known, but by then, my 4 year old was better. A week later, his vomiting started again with headache and even higher fevers. It was a Sunday and a call to their office resulted in, no can't order any antibiotic unless we see them. I explained that my son's best friend had the same symptoms and was diagnosed wtih strep. The nurse didn't feel it was strep and offered an appointment the next day. My sons fevers hit 103 (w/Tylenol), he was lethargic and and pretty much crying out in pain in his sleep. Luckily I remembered the minute clinics at CVS. We were in an out in 30 mins, quick response strep test was positive, and he had two doses of antibiotics before the day was over. I mentioned to the physician at the CVS about my pediatrician wanting to see him before they would prescribe antibiotics, she indicated it was their way to make money...by getting your co-pay. I understand the fear of over used antibiotics, but when I had strep, his best friend had strep (and had the same non typical symptoms), and two other children in his daycare class had strep, I think it's safe to order the antibiotics. I have since learned that they have seen one of my sons classmates 3 times with the same symptoms and when the mother asked about a strep test, he again said no, can't be. After hearing our story, she is taking him back and demanding the rapid strep test.Long story short....find another pediatrician who 1) is up to date on the ailments going around; 2) will take a mother's intution and knowledge of their child into consideration when diagnosing a child; and, 3) isn't condescending because you are concerned about the health of your child and you're not bringing him to the doctors for the fun of it!!

October 19th, 2009