Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by keith haugh on Mar 23rd, 2014

Dr. Burke did a great job explaining my injury and my treatment options. I opted for surgery which went well.

An old mans first surgery show details An old mans first surgery
by George Thuransky on Jan 14th, 2014

I tore my rotator cuff several years ago but when the pain got intolerable I was compelled to get surgery. Dr. Burke was suggested to be an exceptional orthopedic surgeon. For an individual who has never had surgery during his life the prospects of going under the knife was scary. Dr. Burke and his staff gave me the knowledge and support that allowed the experience to go smoothly. I will be fly-fishing this spring and nothing could make me happier.

Great Doctor!!! show details Great Doctor!!!
Dec 2nd, 2013

Dr. Burke and his staff provided me with great care and understanding before and after my surgery to reconstruct my ACL. I am glad I trusted him to perform my surgery and wouldn't choose anyone else!

Mr. show details Mr.
by Ed Kavanagh on Dec 1st, 2013

Dr. Charles Burke is a lifesaver for me. I had serious knee pain in both knee 25 years. I had met with another Orthopedic previously and he told me to hold out as long as possible and then contact him when I was ready he had retired. Miracles are great, fortunately he referred me to Dr. Burke. We set up a physical therapy schedule to prepare me for knee surgery. My surgery was cancelled due to a serious heart attack. After much therapy I was able to walk again. In ///dec. of 2011. Dr. Burke replaced my left knee. In Jan. of 2013. He replaced my left knee. I am doing fantastic. Dr. Burke and his entire staff are terrific beyond belief. My main asset was listening and cooperating with Dr. Burke and his fantastic staff. I am not an M.d. and never gave him any advice or diagnosis. I the near future I will have Dr.Burke fix my shoulders. I will do as he directs me and all will go well.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Mary S. on Oct 14th, 2013

What I liked most about Dr Burke is rather simple - he correctly diagnosed my issues (4 different occasions), provided the appropriate treatment - sometimes surgical, sometimes not - and I came out of it better than I went in. His staff is terrific and the office runs really well. I have a knee replacement in my future (probably 2) and will be going back to Dr Burke when the time comes.

Knee show details Knee
by Bryan Refosco on Jun 24th, 2013

After a double partial knee replacement and 6 weeks into PT, I was involved in an auto accident in which I was T-boned. I subsequently hit, or jarred the out side of my left knee. I returned to my doctor who x-rayed the knee and found that there was no damage to the implant, However, I had burning, aching pain that did not subside on the outer knee. After many return trips and complaining of the burning and aching, I made an appointment with Dr. Charles Burke III, who advised me that with the trauma of implants, along with the trauma to my knee of the auto accident, that it may take a year or longer before I saw any improvement. I went back to the Doc who did my initial implant surgery , told him of the 2nd opinion and he then referred me to a Doctor in the practice who did an arthroscopy on the knee. After recovering from the surgery, I still had the burning, aching pain. I went back to Dr. Burke, who advised waiting to see if time would heal. It did not, so I returned in March 2013 and was scheduled for surgery in April. First, Dr. Burke asked me to have my back checked out, so that there was no doubt that the knee was the problem. I had the knee surgery on April 29 and knew immediately he had "fixed" the problem. I had no aching, burning sensation. Dr. Burke listened to my concerns, and then made a plan of action, ending in successful surgery. After 2 years of sleepless nights and constant burning and aching of my knee, I finally have relief, and was able to walk more in one day, than I had been able to in 2 years. Many Thanks to Dr. Burke !

Excellent doctor Charles Burke show details Excellent doctor Charles Burke
Jan 1st, 2011

When I was in so much pain he was a life saver.Thank you Doctor Chip.You are the best.You are the most caring doctor who takes his time with his patients.You listened to me.I would recommend you to anyone you are the best

Dr. Burke and staff show details Dr. Burke and staff
Dec 24th, 2010

Dr. Burke and staff are great. I have been seeing since June. The staff is polite and courteous. Dr. Burke always has a smile on his face. He anwsers all of my questions. His PA Mark also is great has a smile on face. They called the next day to see how I was doing after my 1st shoulder surgery. They get to me in a timely fashion when I have a question. Kudos to Dr. Burke and staff

Nov 7th, 2010

I saw Dr. Burke for a shoulder injury. He made the diagnosis at the first office visit, ordered a MRI to confirm his suspicions and scheduled surgery for a date after the MRI in order not to lose time in having the surgery. The surgery for my rotator cuff injury went very well and I have achieved an excellent result.

Nov 5th, 2010

I wouldnt waste my time with this unprofessional, non caring doctor.

Doctor's Response

I appreciate some patients may be frustrated with their pain and health issues, but this comment does not provide any details about any specific care we provided