Overall Review

3.3

September 9th, 2016
Doesn't listen
Really didn't listen to what I said. Made a smart comment to his assistants. Didn't hear exactly what it was, but it ended, with "patients like this". Told me all I had were headaches which isn't why I went to him. Was just a smart mouth. ..seemed irritated like I was wasting his time

May 16th, 2016
Avoid the optometrist J. Christopher Huffman here if you value your vision
Dr. Kent has the most horrible optometrist I have ever met on his staff, who is named J. Christopher Huffman. My eye was injured by their incompetent staff man (Brent) who, when using the eye exam heavy metal apparatus, assaulted and injured my eye with it. Now I have severe vision impairment in it. When I told Dr. Huffman about this mishap at a later appointment, he claimed "I'm sure we have all done that at some time." Then he told me he had a new (non-contact) lens to put in my eye, without obtaining informed consent. I said NO, I did not want a lens put in my eye then. His listening skills are nil and he put the lens in my eye even though I said NO. Informed consent does not exist at this practice. I call Dr. Huffman the eye rapist because he did not respect the boundary I set around my body and assaulted my eye with the lenx, after I clearly said NO to this invasive procedure. This is malpractice from my point of view. If I were you I would never go to their practice for an eye exam.

April 10th, 2015
Do not use this doctor!
I was referred to Dr. Kent by another doctor ar Everite and Hurite due to my droopy eyelids interfering with my vision. He was pleasant enough during the initial appointment. He did surgery on one eyelid in the hospital then after short recuperation period did the other eyelid again in the hospital. On a follow up visit at the office, he stated that he would need to adjust the first eyelid. He did that in the office with me fully awake. He proceeded to pull my eyelid so high it made me nauseous and teased with the attending nurse that I would scare people if he left it like that. He was rude and very unprofessional! I was later diagnosed with damaged tear ducts by another doctor at that practice. I complained and was told that I could file a complaint. That will not fix my eyes. Do NOT use this surgeon!

February 25th, 2015
Very Pleased With My Surgery Results
Dr. Kent is professional & caring, I recommend him highly for cataract & eyelid surgery!

February 1st, 2015
excellent surgeon
I have had both eyes operated by Dr. Charles Kent for cataracts. He is an outstanding surgeon and the staff at Everett and Hurite are exceptional.

December 28th, 2014
Excellent Dr
I was referred to Dr Kent from a local Dr who had been treating a recurrent eye infection I was experiencing. The Everett Hurite office was able to schedule a visit within a day. I found the staff to be pleasant, friendly and courteous. Dr. Kent did a thorough job examining my eye and understanding the history of the problems. He took his time explaining his thoughts on my eye exam and provided a very accurate diagnosis. He also offered some simple home practices that could help my eye condition. Since my initial visit, I have been back for a follow up and again was impressed with the professionalism of the entire office. I would highly recommend Dr Kent.

December 18th, 2014
Excellent experience
I chose this practice because of the excellent reputation it has and from people I know who have gone here. I was not disappointed. They were not busy at the time I was there and as soon as I had completed the paper work I was in an exam room being taken care. I found Dr. Kent to be very nice, considerate,confident, listened to me and made me feel comfortable with his diagnosis after a very thorough exam. Thank you!

June 22nd, 2014
The Best!!
From the first moment Dr. Kent walked into our office visit I felt we had been sent to a good place. His calming, down to earth demeanor erased all of the tension I had been feeling. We already knew that my husband need an eye enucleation. Without dragging out the process Dr. Kent looked at the eye, then sat back and with the most compassionate and caring tone gave us 3 options. One we had already tried, the second did not promise good results. After only a few seconds my husband chose the only choice that would give him relief......enucleation. Four days later we were at UPMC Mercy Hospital for the surgery. The entire experience was wonderful from beginning to end. Dr. Kent saw us before surgery and there was that calming effect again. He immediately came to talk to me when he was finished operating and patiently answered all my questions and assured me that all was well. He called the hospital later that day and ask to speak to my husbands nurse to check on his status. The next morning he was in my husbands room at 7:00 AM. He took the bandage off, gave us our instructions for at home care and seemed to have all the time in the world to spend with us. We have been home for 24 hours and doing fine. The surgery was a huge success, thanks to the amazing skill of Dr. Kent. My husband finally has relief. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kent on every level!!!!!

August 23rd, 2012
Can't find a beter Ophthalmologist in Pitttsburgh.
I was a patient of Dr. Kent's for three years. Because of extenuating circumstances, I had to leave the practice. At first, he was a little hard to read, but after I got to know him, he had an excellent, congenial personality and answered the many questions I had about my condition with patience, superior knowledge, kindness and compassion. He educated me and spent ample time with me and was one of my all-time favorite doctors. Since then, I have tried two other doctors, and none of them even come close to the care I got at Everett& Hurite. I would go back in a heartbeat! I regret changing and would definitely recammend him to a friend.

August 19th, 2012
Dr Kent- a top rated physician
I can't begin to say how lucky we feel to have had Dr Kent as our son's physician for his eye surgery. From the moment we met Dr Kent he put us at ease with his knowledge and expertise in his field. He identified with us as parents, however he was able to relate to our teenage son as well. He has an excellent bedside manner, and takes the time to explain his course of treatment. He is a kind and compassionate man, who truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. I am a nurse, and am quite critical on whom I select to care for my family members- it goes without saying I would highly recommend Dr Kent as a physician.

March 28th, 2012
The office is busy, and the wait time is longer (but no longer than my PCP). He was thorough with the exam and diagnosed a problem that had been incorrectly diagnosed by other doc. I trust him with my own care, and I have referred my friends and family to him. He is an excellent surgeon!!! you can't even see my scar.

February 10th, 2012
Horrible bedside manner, won't be going back
Staff was impatient with my toddler. TV had a soap oppera on- not exactly family friendly for a pratice that includes pediatrics. Dr. Keny was short w/us, didn't listen to us, didn't answer all of our questions. He actually left the room while I was in midsentence to take a phone call. He was generally just rude. I wouldn't accept that behavior from anyone let alone someone who is supposed to be a professional. We'll go elsewhere for care as I don't trust him to take his time with our situation.