Dr. Charles Kent Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Charles Kent?

Very Knowledgeable

Posted on August 23rd, 2017

He was able to answer all our questions and put us at ease.

Horrible Service

Posted on November 9th, 2016

I went to see him to have a cyst removed . First he never introduced himself however proceeded to tell me that my perfume was overwhelming and he would have to leave the room !!! Second after all the testing I asked him the results and he had the audacity to tell me that's for another time and day !!! Never Ever Again.

Doesn't listen

Posted on September 9th, 2016

Really didn't listen to what I said. Made a smart comment to his assistants. Didn't hear exactly what it was, but it ended, with "patients like this". Told me all I had were headaches which isn't why I went to him. Was just a smart mouth. ..seemed irritated like I was wasting his time

Avoid the optometrist J. Christopher Huffman here if you value your vision

Posted on May 16th, 2016

Dr. Kent has the most horrible optometrist I have ever met on his staff, who is named J. Christopher Huffman. My eye was injured by their incompetent staff man (Brent) who, when using the eye exam heavy metal apparatus, assaulted and injured my eye with it. Now I have severe vision impairment in it. When I told Dr. Huffman about this mishap at a later appointment, he claimed "I'm sure we have all done that at some time." Then he told me he had a new (non-contact) lens to put in my eye, without obtaining informed consent. I said NO, I did not want a lens put in my eye then. His listening skills are nil and he put the lens in my eye even though I said NO. Informed consent does not exist at this practice. I call Dr. Huffman the eye rapist because he did not respect the boundary I set around my body and assaulted my eye with the lenx, after I clearly said NO to this invasive procedure. This is malpractice from my point of view. If I were you I would never go to their practice for an eye exam.

Do not use this doctor!

Posted on April 11th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Kent by another doctor ar Everite and Hurite due to my droopy eyelids interfering with my vision. He was pleasant enough during the initial appointment. He did surgery on one eyelid in the hospital then after short recuperation period did the other eyelid again in the hospital. On a follow up visit at the office, he stated that he would need to adjust the first eyelid. He did that in the office with me fully awake. He proceeded to pull my eyelid so high it made me nauseous and teased with the attending nurse that I would scare people if he left it like that. He was rude and very unprofessional! I was later diagnosed with damaged tear ducts by another doctor at that practice. I complained and was told that I could file a complaint. That will not fix my eyes. Do NOT use this surgeon!

Very Pleased With My Surgery Results

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Dr. Kent is professional & caring, I recommend him highly for cataract & eyelid surgery!

excellent surgeon

Posted on February 1st, 2015

I have had both eyes operated by Dr. Charles Kent for cataracts. He is an outstanding surgeon and the staff at Everett and Hurite are exceptional.

Excellent Dr

Posted on December 28th, 2014

I was referred to Dr Kent from a local Dr who had been treating a recurrent eye infection I was experiencing. The Everett Hurite office was able to schedule a visit within a day. I found the staff to be pleasant, friendly and courteous. Dr. Kent did a thorough job examining my eye and understanding the history of the problems. He took his time explaining his thoughts on my eye exam and provided a very accurate diagnosis. He also offered some simple home practices that could help my eye condition. Since my initial visit, I have been back for a follow up and again was impressed with the professionalism of the entire office. I would highly recommend Dr Kent.

Excellent experience

Posted on December 18th, 2014

I chose this practice because of the excellent reputation it has and from people I know who have gone here. I was not disappointed. They were not busy at the time I was there and as soon as I had completed the paper work I was in an exam room being taken care. I found Dr. Kent to be very nice, considerate,confident, listened to me and made me feel comfortable with his diagnosis after a very thorough exam. Thank you!

The Best!!

Posted on June 22nd, 2014

From the first moment Dr. Kent walked into our office visit I felt we had been sent to a good place. His calming, down to earth demeanor erased all of the tension I had been feeling. We already knew that my husband need an eye enucleation. Without dragging out the process Dr. Kent looked at the eye, then sat back and with the most compassionate and caring tone gave us 3 options. One we had already tried, the second did not promise good results. After only a few seconds my husband chose the only choice that would give him relief......enucleation. Four days later we were at UPMC Mercy Hospital for the surgery. The entire experience was wonderful from beginning to end. Dr. Kent saw us before surgery and there was that calming effect again. He immediately came to talk to me when he was finished operating and patiently answered all my questions and assured me that all was well. He called the hospital later that day and ask to speak to my husbands nurse to check on his status. The next morning he was in my husbands room at 7:00 AM. He took the bandage off, gave us our instructions for at home care and seemed to have all the time in the world to spend with us. We have been home for 24 hours and doing fine. The surgery was a huge success, thanks to the amazing skill of Dr. Kent. My husband finally has relief. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kent on every level!!!!!

Can't find a beter Ophthalmologist in Pitttsburgh.

Posted on August 24th, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Kent's for three years. Because of extenuating circumstances, I had to leave the practice. At first, he was a little hard to read, but after I got to know him, he had an excellent, congenial personality and answered the many questions I had about my condition with patience, superior knowledge, kindness and compassion. He educated me and spent ample time with me and was one of my all-time favorite doctors. Since then, I have tried two other doctors, and none of them even come close to the care I got at Everett& Hurite. I would go back in a heartbeat! I regret changing and would definitely recammend him to a friend.

Dr Kent- a top rated physician

Posted on August 20th, 2012

I can't begin to say how lucky we feel to have had Dr Kent as our son's physician for his eye surgery. From the moment we met Dr Kent he put us at ease with his knowledge and expertise in his field. He identified with us as parents, however he was able to relate to our teenage son as well. He has an excellent bedside manner, and takes the time to explain his course of treatment. He is a kind and compassionate man, who truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. I am a nurse, and am quite critical on whom I select to care for my family members- it goes without saying I would highly recommend Dr Kent as a physician.