Ophthalmologist : Oculoplastics and Reconstructive Surgery Ocular Pathology
Everett & Hurite Ophthalmic
1835 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
412-288-0858
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The Best!!  |  show details
by Sally Neill on Jun 22nd, 2014

From the first moment Dr. Kent walked into our office visit I felt we had been sent to a good place. His calming, down to earth demeanor erased all of the tension I had been feeling. We already knew that my husband need an eye enucleation. Without dragging out the process Dr. Kent looked at the eye, then sat back and with the most compassionate and caring tone gave us 3 options. One we had already tried, the second did not promise good results. After only a few seconds my husband chose the only choice that would give him relief......enucleation. Four days later we were at UPMC Mercy Hospital for the surgery. The entire experience was wonderful from beginning to end. Dr. Kent saw us before surgery and there was that calming effect again. He immediately came to talk to me when he was finished operating and patiently answered all my questions and assured me that all was well. He called the hospital later that day and ask to speak to my husbands nurse to check on his status. The next morning he was in my husbands room at 7:00 AM. He took the bandage off, gave us our instructions for at home care and seemed to have all the time in the world to spend with us. We have been home for 24 hours and doing fine. The surgery was a huge success, thanks to the amazing skill of Dr. Kent. My husband finally has relief. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kent on every level!!!!!

|  Can't find a beter Ophthalmologist in Pitttsburgh.  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Kent's for three years. Because of extenuating circumstances, I had to leave the practice. At first, he was a little hard to read, but after I got to know him, he had an excellent, congenial personality and answered the many questions I had about my condition with patience, superior knowledge, kindness and compassion. He educated me and spent ample time with me and was one of my all-time favorite doctors. Since then, I have tried two other doctors, and none of them even come close to the care I got at Everett& Hurite. I would go back in a heartbeat! I regret changing and would definitely recammend him to a friend.

|  Dr Kent- a top rated physician  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2012

I can't begin to say how lucky we feel to have had Dr Kent as our son's physician for his eye surgery. From the moment we met Dr Kent he put us at ease with his knowledge and expertise in his field. He identified with us as parents, however he was able to relate to our teenage son as well. He has an excellent bedside manner, and takes the time to explain his course of treatment. He is a kind and compassionate man, who truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. I am a nurse, and am quite critical on whom I select to care for my family members- it goes without saying I would highly recommend Dr Kent as a physician.

|  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

The office is busy, and the wait time is longer (but no longer than my PCP). He was thorough with the exam and diagnosed a problem that had been incorrectly diagnosed by other doc. I trust him with my own care, and I have referred my friends and family to him. He is an excellent surgeon!!! you can't even see my scar.

|  Horrible bedside manner, won't be going back  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

Staff was impatient with my toddler. TV had a soap oppera on- not exactly family friendly for a pratice that includes pediatrics. Dr. Keny was short w/us, didn't listen to us, didn't answer all of our questions. He actually left the room while I was in midsentence to take a phone call. He was generally just rude. I wouldn't accept that behavior from anyone let alone someone who is supposed to be a professional. We'll go elsewhere for care as I don't trust him to take his time with our situation.

Doctor's Response

It's difficult to respond to anonymous criticism. If this visit actually occurred, I would encourage my patients to talk with me directly at the time. Learning about it this way is very disheartening to me. I hope that the relationships I have with patients are based on mutual respect for one another. I consider taking care of patients to be a privilege, and not one to be taken for granted.