General Practitioners, Internist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Lower Pacific Heights
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
1600 Divisadero St
San Francisco, CA 94115
415-353-7095
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Fatally sloppy  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2013

Ignored radiologist's report showing evidence of brain tumor. Ignore my musband's complaint of numb chin--a marker for mets, easily googled. Ignored my husband's sudden 80 lb weight drop. My husband trusted him for many years and Ryan ultimately blew him off. Diagnosis of mets to brain made by ophthalmologist when my husband started to lose his vision. Ryan's response wasa confusing, "this rarely happens with prostate cancer and it's the third time this has happened to a patient of mine this year." Two weeks from dx to morgue. My guilt is not pushing for a second opinion because my husband really trusted Ryan. And it would have been a real kindness on Ryan's part if he'd contacted me, but he did not. I guess making a big reputation ironically leaves little time for the full consideration of the patient. Had he followed up, pursued the evidence presented to him, and cared about the obvious changes in my husband's case, a wonderful man might be alive today. In any event,I was unprepared for how reckless Ryan turned out to be, but even more shocked after knowing him for so long, by his basic lack of humanity.