Family Practitioner
Video profile
1200 S Walnut St
Pauls Valley, OK 73075
405-207-9000
Locations and availability (1)

|  This is a copy of the complaint I filed with the Oklahoma Medical Board.  |  show details
by Patrick Stark on Jun 10th, 2013

I went to this PA on the recommendation of my childhood doctor. His name is Kim Jones and has Jones Family medicine in Pauls Valley OK. Recently I have moved to the area this was my hometown growing up and Dr. Kim Jones was my pediatrician he takes care of my entire family. I thought his recommendation would mean something, being that he owns the clinic. I arrived at my appointment gave them my insurance card. They told me I had to pay for the entire visit up front. I said no problem. I asked how much and she said she couldn't tell me how much until after I saw the PA. I asked how do I pay up front if you can't tell me how much. She started to get very rude and said that's not my problem. I offered to give her a number for my father so he could pay either credit or debit. Paying was no problem. She said I would have to use my cell phone to do that. I took a seat called my father. He asked the same question how much? So I tried to hand the phone to the PA and the receptionist, they both refused to take it. My father listening to them getting ruder and louder. So I say. " I am here with an appointment I am going to pay you and I need your service I am a seizure patient. Quarterly visits to the Dr. over the last 8 years and no one has ever refused me service and no one has ever been so rude. After they said to leave with the clipboard in my hand filling out my medical history. I toss the clipboard back on the shelf. In front of the closed window. At this point I pick up my back pack that has all my prescriptions in it and copies of my medical history from seizures and a brain injury. Its then that even with my phone in hand the PA comes through the door and looks me right in the eyes and says " I wouldn't treat you if you were dying." I walk out and put the phone back to my ear and ask my father "did you here that?" He did in fact hear exactly what the PA said to me. I was in shock he told me he would let me die before helping me. This to me is impossible, unthinkable and insane. What kind of person talks to patients that way. This is terrible. Its up for you to decide but how can this guy practice medicine. I am willing to pay any amount because I know my insurance will eventually take care of it. I lived all over the United States. Have been through so many offices and hospitals. Never have I been turned away or talked to in such a vile manor. I want the tapes that I know they were recording in the office but they are probably already erased. This all happened at 2:30pm today 6 10 13. I will probably go to the press with this. I am an artist as well as a journalist. So more than likely you will see it in the news would like to get your opinion for the article and what you are doing to investigate these people.

|  Finest Kind.  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2010

I would not hesitate to see this physician or his wife, Susan, who is also a Dr. She is a regular Marcus Welby DO. Susan also delivered one of our children. She did a fantastic job with that.