Senior Clinical Instructor

2.0

Just so you know show details Just so you know
by Mike on Jun 30th, 2016

I saw Dr. Park for about a year and relapsed several times. He allowed me to detox safely, but if you go to your PCP they can help you with this medically. Addiction is horrible and when you need help I understand that a person will see anyone to end the withdraws, but truly save your money. If you have been drinking heavily for days and have insurance go to the ER. Make sure you can detox safe and be honest with them. Explain how long and how much you have been drinking and that when you try to stop you are going through withdraws. They can prescribe you Tranxene which is a light benzo so you don't shake and hurt yourself during detox. Dr. Park will give you valium which is stronger, but not anymore effective. He will charge you something like $500 for the intake and something like $300 an hour and does not accept insurance. So if your insurance does not cover out of network then it is all on you to pay. However, the co pay for the ER is usually far less so check your insurance card and they can also get you some fluids and make sure your blood work is not all messed up. I saw him many times and always we would talk a discussion on my anxiety, but never did. If you are not spending tons of money in his office for groups and counselors then he will tell you that you will relapse. As an addict I understand the want/desire to do anything to make it stop, but all he did was take money and things got worse. If you are an addict then sober up either go to an ER or detox facility to make sure you do it safely. Then when you are thinking clear go see a psychiatrist to start working on the real issue. Took me a long time to see Alcohol was only the symptom. My real issue was depression and anxiety. Once I got that treated AA worked for me. Don't buy into the idea that money can solve the problem. If it could then rich people wouldn't die from this disease.

Worst-nightmare scenario for someone seeking help show details Worst-nightmare scenario for someone seeking help
Apr 25th, 2016

During the intake I calmly relayed my history, to which he reacted strongly and aggressively (I later found out from the office manager they were reeling from a patient's recent suicide). He demanded I allow him to speak with my family. I told him I wasn't comfortable with that, and he threatened me with a 72-hr hold. I told him that was a ridiculous, that I wasn't a danger to myself at all, and that I wouldn't be bullied into anything, and he got up and called the police (who left without even writing a report). He has no compassion, doesn't listen, and has more potential for harm than good. Read the reviews on other sites - I am not the only one with an experience like this. Please look elsewhere for help.

Highly Recommended. show details Highly Recommended.
by Deborah on Feb 18th, 2016