Dr. Charles Kanos MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Greenville, SC

January 21st, 2017
Thank you .. DR Kanos
2005, Is when I met Dr Kanos. This is January 21,2017. I did not know this page was here to write and thank him for the help. 2005 is when I was referred to Dr Kanos. I am not sure today just who referred me. I was in a wheel chair with much pain. The pain was so intense it was easier to throw-up instead of move -- which I did. The ride to see him was not far but very intense. He had me try to stand and then first response that I remember was : I'm sorry I do not have time to do the surgery until tomorrow, today was too full. He did do the surgery and I have done so well since then. I do go to pain management every couple months to keep non-narcotic meds up to date... I do have enough pain from time to time to remind me how well I am feeling today. I think I saw DR Kanos in a restaurant at the Mall one day a few years ago. A man smiled and spoke but I did not recognize him at that time. I kept thinking about that man that greeted me as I walked by -- it most of have been Dr Kanos. I do wish I would have recognized him sooner so I could have thanked him, again. I had spine surgery. l-4 l-5 , ruptured disc or herniated (maybe that is the same thing?? I think, is what it was called. ?? ... so thank you DR Kanos for your good work on my back and hopefully I will encourage someone else who will read this and receive help also. I do not know the answers to the questions after this. It has been too long ago.

January 16th, 2013
DID SURGERY ON MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF. WE BOTH LOVE HIM.
Dr. Kanos did surgery on my husband and myself. We both agree that he is the BEST!!! He did not rush into surgery and tried every reasonable alternative before surgery. He is so caring about his patients that you would think you are the only one. His beside manner is as if you were part of his family and caring immensely about any of your concerns. Thank you Dr. Kanos for all that you have done for my husband and myself. We both are much better off having known you as our physician. Stay caring and down-to-earth with your patients because you are one of the few doctors that make you feel that way. Thanks again.

November 19th, 2012
Paramedic
Excellent Surgeon. I only hope to have him as a future surgeon if the need arises.

August 3rd, 2012
The only doctor who thought to do a CT scan & MRI on me.
The best doctor I have ever had. No other doctor had ever thought to do a CT scan or MRI. I truly believe that if it were not for Dr. Kanos, I would not be here today!!THE MOST CARING DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD.

June 14th, 2012
Long time patient
I have been a long time patient of Dr. Kanos, while he is an excellent Doctor, it seems that the inability to maintain a moderate act of treatment(s)...or other theory of what may be going on with my post titanium plates and specifically the protrusion above and below the fusion is and remains a mystery. I feel somewhat lost in treatment plans and wonder if he only focuses on patients that tend to only need surgery.

February 16th, 2012
Great surgeon, makes surgery process easy and less stressful
Very professional but still personal. Great bedside manner as well as office attention. Surgery went great and I felt I was a priority through the entire process. Highly recommended!

March 2nd, 2011
Miracle Man
Doctor Kanos has had to do three surgeries on my spine three different times, each for similar problems yet different basic issues. Each time there was immediate relief after the surgery!! Dr. Kanos is a compassionate, conservative and exceptionally knowledgable Surgeon, I cannot recommend him highly enough!

February 16th, 2011
first visit retired police officer
Even though a MRI is needed before Dr kanos can determine why I still have extreme pain after surgery from another nerosurgen Dr kanos was inpressive upon first impression.

October 23rd, 2010
star man
this man saved my life

November 14th, 2009
Although I had to have surgery, Dr. Kanos explored every other option and operated after there was nothing left to help me. When I woke from surgery, Dr. Kanos was at my bedside in the recovery room. I have always felt that I was important to him as a patient and not a number. What an awesome surgeon!

October 14th, 2009
Dr. Kanos is the best
I just had neck surgery and his compassion and response to my injury and pain was nothing short of outstanding. His office staff is equally as wonderful. Thank you so much Dr. Kanos

May 13th, 2009
Dr. Kanos is a wonderful and caring dr. with a great bedside manner and a HUGE heart! We were very thankful to have him as our sons dr.