Dr. Charles Koliner MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Washington, PA

2.2

March 6th, 2016
Best pulmonology practice in town!
I am appalled reading these reviews. Dr. Koliner is extremely intelligent and knows lung disease quite well. I have had 3 different pulmonologists and he is by far the best. No he does not sit and hold your hand or make small talk. He is right to the point. I can not begin to imagine how many patients he see each month. I would never expect him to know me on the street. I am just one of the hundreds of patients he treats yearly. Janis Brewer is a Nurse Practioner who is very skilled in pulmonology. She is caring and informative. I also find the staff to be kind and considerate.

February 21st, 2016
VERY DISAPPOINTED!
I was admitted to the hospital and I first met Koliner. He seemed like a nice guy and knew what he was talking about thus was a Saturday. I asked if he thought I could go home the next as usual no o e cane give you that answer, so the next day came which was Sunday. I asked the nurse if I could take a bath which was 9 am in the morning and she said to wait because koliner would be in around noon. So I waited, and waited, waited. No Dr. It is now 4pm and I am still waiting for a dr to show up so I can go home or at least get my shower like I asked for at 9 am. Healthcare is such a joke!! God forbid you are late to an apt. Now a days the Dr charges you but they can just come and go as they please with is absolutely ridiculous! !!!!! I was seriously thinking about signing out AMANDA but then you wonder is your ins going to pay for that then. Seriously disgusted by how a dr can make you wait all day just because you are sick!!! Terrible!!

July 30th, 2015
Horrible
This place is a total joke. The "Doctor" sits at the receptionist window and stares at you as you're waiting to be seen. Once your called into the office the again "Doctor" sends in some lady named Janice. I have no understanding as too why the "Doctor" has never came into the room during ANY of the 3 visit I've had. If this isn't bad enough. Janice has no answers what so ever. They apparently believe the primary way to diagnose a lung condition is with an X-Ray. Anyone with any knowledge in the medical field knows this is not correct. Cat Scan along with PFT are vital in diagnosis. Maybe after the 3rd visit they will send you for these test. Knowledge of medicine is very poor. Janice didn't know what norvasc was until I googled it one my phone. This is commonly prescribed for pulmonary hypertension and was given too me by a different doctor. Isn't this a pulmonary specialist? Apparently not. Why will the "Doctor" not even give you the time of day? Do yourself a favor and head towards UPMC.

April 28th, 2015
Stay away from this Doctor
I took my mother to Dr. Koliner multiple times. First his nurse practitioner Janice would see my mother, take vitals, ask a bunch of questions, then Dr. Koliner would come in and ask the same questions. The whole time, he is flipping back and forth, back and forth through her file..looking confused. Every visit I took her to, he asked the same questions, as though she were a new patient and he had no idea of her history or diagnoses. Long story short, he prescribed her a pill for her pulmonary hypertenstion. My mother had some major side effects from it, one of which was severe shortness of breath. She called the office to talk to Janice and reported her side effects and Janice told her she had to stay on this pill. Weeks later, my mother ended up in the icu on a ventilator and was given a 10% chance to live and when I told the doctor what pill she was taking for her pulmonary hypertension, he said that pill did her more harm than good. Stay away from this doctor!

March 18th, 2015
This Doctor will make you feel as though he is the important one in the room ,not the patient. His general attitude is one of being uninterested in what ever the patient has to say. I feel he just wants the insurance money.

May 30th, 2013
I was not happy with this doctor. He runs very late; no bedside manner & staff is not real friendly. I would not recommend this dr.

May 21st, 2012
Thank you for taking time to go over my diagnosis and treatment options.

July 10th, 2011
Diagnosis was accurate but treatment was poor and archaic.