inactive

Charles L Johnson DO Patient Reviews

2.8

March 31st, 2016
This office is terrible, absolutely terrible in doing referrals. A patient is told he needs to see a specialist but the staff doesn't bother to do the paperwork so the patient suffers unnecessarily because of their lack of concern and professionalism Maybe the staff should be forced to be in unnecessary pain for 5-6 weeks like they force patients yo do.... They cant even call a patient back with lab results. Hope they werent life altering!!! Patient wouldnt know

December 11th, 2015
Judas
Was our family doctor for a decade, but in the end, misdiagnosed my son with "behavioral stool retention" for three years, a mistake that nearly cost my son his life -- turned out my son actually had a gastrointestinal bacterial infection; to help cover it up, he testified that I suffered from Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy and helped the state remove my children from my care. Dr. Johnson's practice caters to low-income patients; at least half of his medical career was spent performing first- and second-term abortions; he has been formally disciplined by the Medical Board twice.

September 28th, 2015
I have been with this office for 11 years. They have recently went down hill over the last 2 years and I will not recommend anyone to this doctors office. Their front desk is snotty, they do anything in their power to make things more difficult and they are turning into frauds. They know they can not see you for the appointment needed as they no longer "provided those services" but won't inform you of this, will then still schedule your appointment, make you pay a co pay to get a referral from them because it's not something they do and then you have to pay a co pay at the office you are referred to. In addition, they are turning people away illegally. If they have not received a signed request to transfer and have not yet transfered your medical records, they can not deny treatment. They denied me because I spoke up about their practice and wrong doing. So I did further research on this matter and the laws involved and guess what...... I was right. Under the Medical Treatment Denial and Malpractice Lawsuits - "A doctor can refuse to treat a patient because: The doctor's practice is so busy she is unable to accept new patients. The doctor doesn't have a working relationship with your health insurance company. The doctor chooses not to treat patients with the illness or injury you suffer from." None of these applied in my case and I will be going to the media and further public outlets regarding this, including reporting these acts to the Colorado Medicaid Program, Colorado State Congressman and anyone else who can take care of these people because they are obviously in the wrong field of profession. HEY OFFICE STAFF - HATE YOUR JOB? THEN QUIT BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES LOOKING AT YOUR SOUR FACES AND BEING AROUND YOUR HORRIBLE ATTITUDES! Oh yea, did I mention they don't even look at prescription refills sent via fax, they admitted to throwing them away without glancing at them... My daughter went a week without her prescription because they are too lazy to contact their patient and inform them they need to be seen to fill a prescription... Way to risk peoples lives with their medications!

March 18th, 2015
Bad Doctor
I made an appointment for my child to see Dr. Charles Johnson, but she was seen by a different male doctor. I brought in paperwork from an ER visit that was from a month prior to my child's doctor appointment. My child was still having some of the same symptoms plus new ones, the doctor seemed uninterested in anything we had to say and was bothered by any questions we had. He was very short with his answers to our questions. He never once looked over my child, regardless of the staff member who comes in prior for all vitals and information. All he did was prescribe her medicine based off what was diagnosed from the ER visit. He spent less than 10 minutes with us. Even if this is still the problem, which I don't believe is and will get a second opinion, he still did nothing to try to figure out the root of the problem. The ER recommended me to follow up with her doctor and this is not what the appointment should of been like. I got better treatment and help at the ER then my child's doctor office. I believe this was not right and I will not come to that office ever again or refer anyone to this office. Why would you want a doctor who does not care for their patients or even work at this office. As far as stars go I wish they had a zero rating, because the last 4 stars would not even have a star. I am very disappointed. My child has seen Dr. Charles Johnson in the past and he was amazing, too bad this doctor doesn't follow in his footsteps.

February 20th, 2015
Very hard to get an appointment. Long wait times. You aren't a patient your a number and they don't listen well. The one good person there that should be running the clinic is lisa Scioto. We love her too bad she isn't the only one there and is so hard to get in and see her.

February 18th, 2015
Front office staff is unorganized. When comes to your needs.

February 4th, 2015
A poor excuse for a doctor
Every time i try to get an appointment i am told there is none until 4 weeks from the day I call. When i was younger my dad fired Dr Johnson, because all he wanted to do is prescribe me Adderall and when he couldn't do that He suggested i get a mental eval done. My dad got seriously mad, because that is not what i needed. I ended up having to see Dr Johnson again, because i didn't know of any other Dr's offices which take my particular insurance. I think Dr. Johnson likes to ride the Medicaid bus all the way home.

November 26th, 2014
patient for over 16years
I love this dr office,the staff are amazing my care is consistant and my children love and look forward to going to the dr

June 9th, 2014
FILTHY DIRTY
I would never use this office again its one big dump.my whole house is sick because of them.

January 4th, 2012
not..good

October 18th, 2011
this is a clinic based practice, lacking personalisum. my children tend to see the P.A. more often then not and they never remember what happened at the last visit let alone when to schedule the next appointment so I am left guessing.

July 11th, 2011
Amazing Doctor
This doctors office is amazing. When I call for a routine appointment I get one within 3 days. And I always get a same day appointment when I call with emergencys. My children and I have been seen by PAs and Doctors and have been treated with politness and courtsey. I highly reccomemd this office to everyone.